98 Tj Sahara

• I’m toying with the idea of selling my jeep and buying something built before I get any further into building mine. If anybody is interested give me a call 302-379-7796. It’s the perfect jeep for someone that likes to trail ride but still drives it on the street occasionally. I wouldent recomend it as a dd unless you buy street wheels/tires and replace all the control arm bushings. I also don’t need to sell it so don’t bother with lowball offers. If no one wants it itll just get built. I do love this thing and never thought I would sell it but looking at cost to buy a built rig vs finish mine and it’s tempting. Here’s some info on it good and bad;

No top
    No doors
    Bimini top
    Bikini top
    Spider shade top
    Full front cage with side bars
    reinforced stock rear cage
    Suspension seats mounted to cage
    5 point harnesses
    Rci fuel cell in artec mount
    Quick disco steering wheel
    Flipped Dana 300 twin stick with 4:1
    New tom woods front driveshaft
    Cv rear driveshaft recently cut to fit the 300
    4:56 gears in stock axles 30/44
    Aussie lockers in both
    Ten Factory chromoly shafts in front
    Heavy duty sway bar
    Heavy duty steering with hydro assist
    B&m short shifter with thumb throttle
    12000# engo winch with cab controls
    3000# warn rear suck down winch
    Custom belly up skid
    Rusty’s hd rocker guards
    Outboarded rear shocks
    Rear spring bucket correction kit
    Heavy duty adjustable short control arms
    Tube fenders on all 4 corners
    Cj flip down tailgate
    Barnes rear low profile bumper
    Front bumper with bull gaurd & winch mount
    Led fog lights and mini light bar
    Optima battery
    Aem intake
    Mustang fuel injectors
    Onboard trickle charger
    Alpine sound bar speakers
    Sony Bluetooth head unit
    Cobra in dash cb
    All dash lights have been converted to led
    Kc h4 headlight conversion
    Jk front turn signals installed in grill
    Rear lights mounted in fenders
    Steering box skid
    Ridler diff covers
    Hd reinforced braces on all control arms
    Custom diy 15” beadlocks
    35x12.50x15 mtrs
    hood latch removed and hood pins installed
    70’s datsun 240z hood vents installed in hood
    Aluminum radiator
    Electric fan with Ron Francis thermostat kit
    I’m sure there are other things I’m missing as I’ve been tinkering wth this thing for the better part of a decade.

This jeep does well off-road. It’s done well in several of the rc club comps although I would not call it a comp rig. That being said. It has seen a lot of off-road time and is not perfect but I also daily drove it for about 5 years up until 3 years ago. It could use most of the bushings replaced and the body has some scuffs and scratches. There is no frame/body rust or rot as the jeep has been garaged for most of its life. It has only been on the beach a hand full of times and power washed every time after. The undercarriage has been coated several times to keep it in good shape. It does have 129k on the odometer but runs like a champ. I would not recomend this to someone who wants to daily drive it but it would be perfect for someone that wants a great trail rig that can still drive down the road. For the right price there is a rear Dana 60 and a front high pinion Dana 44 with a Detroit and 4:88’s that could come with it. 12k would be the magic number but I’d entertain reasonable offers.

• If I wanted a TJ that sure looks like someone will get a lot for their money!
    I'm not trying to be a smartass, ( it's just natural for me ), but if that jeep is not "built", then what is?

• Trust me I hear ya. It was built enough for me for a long time but Its not cuttin it anymore. Custom long arm, ori’s, one ton axles, 37’s with a 17” beadlock might not sound like a huge difference but it’s gonna cost me another 6-8k depending on what deals I can get for parts. And that’s with already owning the new axles and having One geared with a locker. I’ve held off for a really long time but I’ve gone through two sets of gears this summer, two carriers, rear shafts, front chromoly shafts and countless control arm bracket repairs. The jeep is built as well as some people will ever need it to be but I like to wheel the most extreme stuff and my jeep may be able to make it through most everything but when you put it through a competition or throw a full day of tough wheeling at it, it’s just not built to take the abuse I like to throw at it. So two options, don’t wheel hard or build it strong as fuk.

• I do understand! I guess there's always a next level, and it sounds like that's where you are going. If you do that I hope you make a build thread, I would definitely read it! Thanks for the answer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!