What annoyances do you have with the Jeep Renegade?

• New cars, new technologies, and new features. What works for you and what annoys you? Let's get down to our Renegades.

Good:
    1) USB charging ports everywhere.
    2) Cigarette ports everywhere. These are charging ports now.
    3) DC to AC power converters.
    4) Auto rear wiper activation when reverse with the front wipers on.
    5) Headlights brightens in the direction you are turning.

Bad:
    1) Cannot drive with the door open. I like to maneuver with the door open to check edges and make little adjustments when positioning the car to be worked on. The Renegade will engage the electronic ebrake and that will disable your gas pedal from giving commands to the drivetrain. The engine will rev, but the car won't move. Does this mean no burnouts?

2) Cannot engage 4Low in park. I don't know the reason, but why can't it? More options helps in this case. It's simple, but it bugged me when I found this out. I know now to engage 4Low in drive and don't have to think about it.

Any else?

• The name. Renegade was originally a high performance package. After a few years it was dwindled down to a sticker package but it was always for a CJ or Wrangler model. The current model is equal to a KIA Soul in my opinion.

But I wasn't crazy about the Compass when it first came out either. But I liked my parents. If it was 4WD I would have kept it for my daughter.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!