new rates at Rausch Creek

• FYI folks... RC is raising their rates. Membership is $20 per calendar year (vs year from the day you signed up) and $50 for the daily fees. Passengers are now $10. The daily fee now includes the north property, but...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Im sure an increase was due. they have made some awesome changes since the beginning. The only main concern i have is the calendar year membership. It sorta makes sense...and im sure its easier to track, but if its going to be that way, there should be an option to become a "member" online (paypal or something) so people can plan, gift, or whatever instead of showing up for the first ride of the year and have to sign up...

• Im sure an increase was due. they have made some awesome changes since the beginning. The only main concern i have is the calendar year membership. It sorta makes sense...and im sure its easier to track, but if its going to be that way, there should be an option to become a "member" online (paypal or something) so people can plan, gift, or whatever instead of showing up for the first ride of the year and have to sign up...

I'm sure its due and I don't think this is unreasonable. Sure beats doing something illegal and getting a ticket or worse. I would like online too.

• There should be a membership prorate for this year. Let's say I have current membership until 6/30 and want to go wheeling July 5th. I shouldn't have to pay $20 for just the 2nd half of the year. Or let's say I can't wheel in the beginning of the year and my first ride is after Thanksgiving. $20 for 5 or 6 weeks is silly. Any modern business should be able to track expiration dates efficiently. They have a paper book now which is a step up from nothing. How about a laptop with an access database setup by a 13 year old?

• Lynn replied to a comment on facebook and said that November and December memberships will be good for the next year. Didn't say anything else about dates or a prorate.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I also dislike the calendar year memberships unless pro-rated... Surf tags included. I don't mind paying more, but the feeling of being ripped off kinda sucks. I love RC, and am thankful to have a place to wheel... Perhaps keep them the same , just make them $25 for 12 months.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I never really understood the whole membership thing for RC to begin with. I don't know if there's some legal requirement for it but it just seems like it's made up just to get a little more money out of everyone.

• I took the time to email RC , just asking about the decision for the calendar year membership... here was the reply...

Nobody likes change including us as business owners. The yearly
    membership changing to a calendar year is based on tracking numbers for
    insurance stats. The rules made by some companies like the insurance
    companies make it difficult for us as business owners who value our
    guests. We pushed hard on this issue to try and get them to bend but in
    the end the decision wasn't ours to make. We cannot operate the park
    without insurance. The future is great for the park and what we have
    planned just bear with the changes and in the end I think everyone will be
    happy.

Thank you for your email and thoughts. We do understand your points and
    concerns.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I never really understood the whole membership thing for RC to begin with. I don't know if there's some legal requirement for it but it just seems like it's made up just to get a little more money out of everyone.

I am fairly certain memberships are required for legal/liability reasons, and not about the profits.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I am fairly certain memberships are required for legal/liability reasons, and not about the profits.

Yes, that's how I always understood it. I think for better liability insurance.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!