DEJA Trail Ride: Jan 27, 2018 - Rausch Creek

• First trail ride of the year! Going to be cold, bring your warm gear. As always, drivers of all experience levels are welcome! Meet in the parking lot at 8:30 and hit the trails at 9am. For park location and details, http://www.rc4x4.org (note that there are 2018 rate increases)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• 1. Slowpoke
    2. Buster Stewart
    3. Down Hill Roller
    4. willf650(maybe)

I'm a maybe. As long as the forecast holds out I'm in. I haven't put the top back on my jeep and as long as it's not supposed to rain I'll come. As it sits now its supposed to rain Sunday and only 20% on Saturday. If the forecast doesn't change for the worst I'm coming. I will give an absolute yeah or neigh as we get closer. Sorry for being one of those guys that doesn't commit as I hate them myself.

Trying to talk my girlfriend into coming but considering the fact I would like to leave around 5:00 am I don't see it happening.

• We had a great group and another great trail ride. It was Tim @Buster Stewart in his JKU, Jeff @Down Hill Roller in his YJ, Will @willf650 in his YJ, @Slowpoke in the CJ-7 and Will's buddy Jeff riding shotgun with him. We made our usual start out K and across C and out on 5. Jeff got high-centered on his new custom-made skid plate, but he winched off okay and we headed South and did all of Snakebite and Camel Back without incident, except that I backed my soft top into a tree and bent the frame again, but I can fix that. We decided to do 21 and 22 on the way back up, but as soon as we turned in I discovered that the banging noise in my rear suspension was a busted main leaf. Thanks to the military wrap, I could still drive on the spring, but I didn't want to risk breaking the second wrap, so we backed out and started back to the parking lot. I almost got iced in on B where a thick slab of ice had broken up on a puddle, but I was able to back out and go around. Back at the ranch, we had lunch and got some sun, then I hopped in with Tim and we went out and did Tatas, including a couple of the black loops, parts of Trail O and finished up with 3C off of K to wind up at the far end of the lot.

Other than my soft top and spring (which should be covered under Rubicon Express's lifetime warranty), no trail damage. The weather was cloudy and a little chilly, but pretty good for January in central PA!

The next ride is Saturday, February 17, 2018, at Rausch Creek. The sign-up thread is already posted, so sign up now and I hope to see all of you there.

• I noticed yesterday I bent my tailgate Saturday from not paying attention. I backed into a tree and pushed the spare tire and rack forward bending the tail gate. I don't really care about the fact the tail gate is bent except the spare tire mount on the bumper was braced and attached to the factory tire mount with a pin. I was able to get the pin out with some difficultly but i can't get it back in.

Anyone selling a straight YJ tailgate?

I did order a new CB antenna mount so I can be in the loop for the next ride I go on.

• LOL , I did the exact same thing with my CJ at RC a few years ago. Had to replace mine...

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!