**April Trail Ride @ AOAA & Ultra4 Qualifier April 13-16th '18**

• So this trail ride is going to be a little different. Ultra4 (the King of the Hammers guys) are doing an east coast qualifier this year at Anthracite. This will be an awesome spectating experience to watch some bad4$$ rigs tear it up. I'm getting this thread up now because the campground next to AOAA just opened reservations and I expect it to go quick. I have one site TS 129 in my name. There's RV sites by it, for the guys like @astape and @JKgray10, other RV people or those with tow rigs I'd book those RV sites or if you're just tenting it get the one next to me down that row.

Campground link: http://www.trailheadcampground.com/

I was told the Ultra 4 course hasn't been laid out, I have no idea what the wheeling situation will be this weekend. It's possible all of the trails will be closed all weekend, no clue. There's no schedule posted either. If the race is Saturday I'm thinking we spectate that day and wheel Sunday. Or if it's closed all weekend maybe we go to Rausch on Sunday to wheel. I honestly don't know and won't know until the schedule and details are posted.

edit: schedule posted below. Most of us will be arriving Thursday night/Friday morning to spectate on Friday and Saturday then wheel Sunday at either AOAA if there's enough of the park open or hit Rausch which is on the way back to DE.

• I'm game too and wouldn't mind splitting a campsite. I'll have to check with the wife to make sure there's no school stuff happening with the boys that weekend. Might even bring them along as well.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I have RV121 for the whole weekend (they make you reserve 3 nights). I'll have my Jeep and trailer, should be plenty of room for a tent if anyone wants to split it. @Kuntryboy816 ;)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I might be interested in sharing. what is the cost per night?

$30/night for the RV sites.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Which day might the trail ride be? I'd be in for Saturday wheeling. Maybe Sunday, but prefer Saturday.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• The Ultra4 site says the event is Friday and Saturday so we will likely wheel on Sunday.

Exactly. Depends a bit on their schedule and what's open... If it's boring on Saturday and the trails are open then we might run some trails, but at this point we're planning for Sunday.

Jerry / Whatevah

• All the RV sites are booked, there's a handful of tent sites left. The official scheduled hasn't been posted but from what I heard it may be Ultra4 race on Friday and Line Mountain race on Saturday. Don't quote me on that. All of us with sites are Thursday-Sunday.

BTW, 4500 class registrations is $565 if anyone wants to race. :)

• My guess is we might skip the Amature line mountain race and wheel RC on Sunday? Otherwise I’m not dragging my rig up there.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I like this plans unless we can get someone (Smiley) drunk enough one night to agree to run the line mountain race

I'm good with this plan so I'll bring the TJ. I also just read that we can drive out to the spectator areas through the non-race trails.

• Which day might the trail ride be? I'd be in for Saturday wheeling. Maybe Sunday, but prefer Saturday.

Exactly. Depends a bit on their schedule and what's open... If it's boring on Saturday and the trails are open then we might run some trails, but at this point we're planning for Sunday.

I like John prefer Saturday not up for watching im in for Saturday wheeling if possible???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!