JK computer questions

• Any JK members out there dealt with the traction control and TPS lights? I'm looking for a programmer that shuts down the traction control warning, TPS warning (the sensors were not installed on the new wheels) and adjusts the speedo. The previous owner did the "steering wheel dance" to shut down the traction control. But the light and warning bells are annoying.

I looked at QTec but couldn't figure it out. ?(

Thanks for the help!

• https://www.quadratec.com/cate…hips/hand-held-programmer

Most of the tuners should be able to shut off the TPMS light (I have a Diablosport) and adjust the tire size so the speedometer is correct. I don't remember any messing with traction control though. What's wrong with yours? From what I've seen, the steering wheel dance will effectively put the computer in the same traction control setting as in 4Lo, with the same warning when you start the Jeep. I don't think you can turn that off. I'd try to turn the system back on and fix whatever is wrong. Usually it's either the front alignment or the clock spring.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Based on what the original owner told me (and I've seen similar reports on some other forums) the TCS would set off during normal driving hence why he did the steering wheel dance. The Jeep rides and drives fine so I'm ok with it being off. Does everyone else with lifted Jeeps still have the TCS turned on?

• I used the aev pro cal re-align when I would get out of wack. It worked well. I also had my tire pressure set lower. Not sure if you can turn it off though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• What Luke is saying is correct, but I believe there is more to it than just adjusting it. I may be wrong, but when I did mine, I used the procal which turns on the turn signal to show what direction to go, then the high beam light comes on the dash when centered. You then hit the left turn signal to “set” the position. That is the only way I have been able to truly reset “zero” and not have traction control and ABS issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!