No more BlueJ

• Some of you may remember this Jeep. Once upon a time it was called BlueJ. My brother in law picked it up a couple years ago and wheeled it a little bit. It was moderately built on 35's and locked front and rear. As all things go, it was time for a rebirth. This TJ is the only one that probably has less miles on it than Billy's. It has 28k miles, mostly on the trail and it looks it. I

We started the night just planning to unload and take an inventory. Then we decided to pull a couple parts just to get them out of the way. This is what we were left with after a little bit.

It's going to get an automatic swap, Atlas 5.0 Transfer Case, coil overs on all corners, one tons, 40" stickys, and a boat load of other parts. If you were wondering where all of Spedlys parts went they are mostly here for this build. The rest I have sitting on the shelf for my build. This project should have some steady progression.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Andrew Lesser's old Jeep!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• BlueJ and ANdrew were some of the first DEJA guys I wheeled with. Didn’t know it was still around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• BlueJ and ANdrew were some of the first DEJA guys I wheeled with. Didn’t know it was still around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He took that Jeep everywhere. I remember wheeling with him at Paragon in fresh powder snow. About a foot deep. We had a blast.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Spent a few hours tearing it down some more. Got the trans out for the auto swap and the rear axle is out too along with the interior and a few other things. This is only a small pile of things removed. Still taking inventory of everything before posting for sale.

• Rough cut the rear frame section off in preparation for the Artec back half kit and tacked the kit together. While I tacked the back half kit together Gino pulled the front fenders in preparation to cut the from of the frame off too. We may take Aaron's suggestion and step the rear frame in even further like he did in Matt's.

Also included a pic of the axle rack Gino built that makes keeping these heavy bastards out of the way.

• This is over a week old. I had a sick lil girl most of the week so why shouldn't I get the Flu too. She's feeling better, me not so much.

That sux man! Glad she's feeling better and hope you get over it soon too!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Tubing the back half is where it’s at! I had to narrow mine quite a bit to keep the coil overs from hitting either the frame(tube) at full droop or rubbing tires at full stuff. My semi-unprofessional opinion is narrow it more than you think you should.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Tubing the back half is where it’s at! I had to narrow mine quite a bit to keep the coil overs from hitting either the frame(tube) at full droop or rubbing tires at full stuff. My semi-unprofessional opinion is narrow it more than you think you should.

We did. Brought it in another 1.25 inches

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!