• Who is currently using what header on their 4.0 TJ ? How is it holding up as far as welds cracking and how much "tone " has it added to your exhaust ?

• Banks on my old XJ. Cracked after 2 years or so? Had a lifetime warranty back then, so got it replaced. Don't think it's cracked since then (2010-ish?). Using a flex pipe is key to preventing cracks... too much torque twist in the 4.0 (especially with worn out motor mounts) for the fixed exhaust to handle. As far as exhaust note changes... made it a lot quieter, since my stock header was busted and pretty loud. :D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I was leaning towards the Banks but like the JBA Ceramic titanium reviews. Yes they are a little salty but the reviews I have read claim that there is practically no residual heat thrown against the fire wall or floor boards as a result of the coating on the pipes

• I have a Banks on my YJ but like Jerry said I've replaced mine once with a updated design, but honestly if I had to do it over again I would have just used the aftermarket design that has the flex joint in it. I don't think other than a change in the exhaust tone I noticed any real power gains and I had the Banks cat back exhaust as well. I say save your money and spend it at the bar.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• every single header that i have tried without the number 1 and 6 cylinder flex pipes has always cracked. they are not worth it IMO. I have the new AFE long tube header that i plan to ceramic coat and put on my supercharged TJ. It takes it from 3 cats down to 1 which should be awesome. The longer tubes i hope will have more flex and not ever crack. If just replacing stock i always recommend the OEM mopar one, new design to prevent cracks

what model year are we talking here because that makes a big difference too as they are not all the same

• every single header that i have tried without the number 1 and 6 cylinder flex pipes has always cracked. they are not worth it IMO. I have the new AFE long tube header that i plan to ceramic coat and put on my supercharged TJ. It takes it from 3 cats down to 1 which should be awesome. The longer tubes i hope will have more flex and not ever crack. If just replacing stock i always recommend the OEM mopar one, new design to prevent cracks

what model year are we talking here because that makes a big difference too as they are not all the same

it is a 2003, I am having an engine built as we speak, the shop I'm using is going with a more aggressive cam and is doing some head work for more flow. I will be installing a 62mm throttle body and a cold air intake. The shop did say that a header in conjunction with what they are doing would give me a little more umph over a stock manifold, I DON'T DRIVE MY RIG HARD SO I DO NOT EXPECT ANY CRACKING (sarcasm)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!