2003 Wrangler TJ

• Hi,

My name is Jim. I just bought a 2003 Wrangler TJ. It has of lot of goodies already installed. BUT......I am looking for a front end receiver so I can get a surf fishing setup. I have a winch on the front so I need something that does not require me to change my bumper. I have not been able to find anything close to what I am looking for but I know there is something out there that will fit my needs. I attached a pic of my new toy. Please let me know who to talk to about getting me setup for some fun on the sand.

thanks in advance,
    Jim

• Welcome. If not concerned about ground clearance, you could do the curt front receiver that bolts under the bumper. Other option is to have a custom mount made, but at that point replacing the bumper would be your best bet. Good looking Tj. Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thats a nice WARN bumper, definitely add the reciuever. The blank receiver tube is pretty cheap. also add some tabs on each side that you can use to secure / stabilize the rack from wobbling. I have seen some small square tubing used like mini receivers.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Thats a nice WARN bumper, definitely add the reciuever. The blank receiver tube is pretty cheap. also add some tabs on each side that you can use to secure / stabilize the rack from wobbling. I have seen some small square tubing used like mini receivers.

Yeah, what he said. You can get this welded in pretty easily, if you need a hand let us know your location and there's probably someone who would do it for beer/few bucks. Just don't try to use it for a recovery/anything more than the rack and you're good.

https://www.agrisupply.com/receiver-tube/p/87949/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!