Hi from WV

• Hi my names Jon and I own a 98 xj and I wanted to stop by and ask a couple questions.. I've been doing research on wheeling in all 50 states, I use to live in Magnolia DE and I know from experience that there was only 1 road that I ever found thats dirt and it ran around mud mill lake into Mary Del... Is there any place to actually wheel in your state, no matter how easy, how about beach wheeling? Thanks for your time, here's my xj when I drove it out to CA and ran the Rubicon trail last summer

• Not sure if it's worth that for a day but I can alway's ride along with someone... That would make it official, I've got an old army buddy in Hawaii and he's going to take me wheelin when we get on that side of the country. No way I'm flying that far... Thanks

• What part of West Virginia? I lived in Wheeling and McMechen for a couple years. Good luck with your adventure. I’m sure someone here will gladly give you a ride down the beach. You could be like the other tourists and just drive out anyway......in a car.......and get stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Welcome, fellow XJer. :wavey:

Nice XJ. I love the color.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Delaware isn't wheeling friendly. Most of the club goes up to either Rausch Creek or the Anthrocite place in PA. Each are a considerably distance so you'd want to go up for the weekend. There will be a club competition at Rausch Creek coming up in April. It's a good competition between area 4wd clubs on a man-made course.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'm wanting to go wheeling in all 50 states, so I gotta wheel in DE. Or say I did the best I could...LOL I knew DE would be an issue so that's why I posted here... I want to do alot of the East Coast before going on the road, then were going to try and hit the rest of the states in a year long trip around America.. I'm retired military and my last child leaves in 2 years for college.. Thats when me and the wife are going to go full time on the road...

• If you want to come to one of our beach events just let us know. It's stupid expensive to get an out of state beach tag for one day, I'm sure one of us would pick you up in the park and bring you onto the sand. Bring beer and something to throw on the grill. :)

The C&D canal has (very boring) trails, people wheel there. It's illegal and you can be fined. I'd suggest staying away from there but some people do it.

• The C&D canal has (very boring) trails, people wheel there. It's illegal and you can be fined. I'd suggest staying away from there but some people do it.

We don't talk about wheeling there because of it being highly illegal and therefore frowned upon

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!