* Trail Ride * AOAA * Saturday, 26 May 2018 * Riot For Wyatt Memorial Trail Ride​​ *

• I have a prior commitment on the 19th, so I am going to miss the Member Appreciation Ride. I am looking for another wheeling date for May.
    I did a some looking around and found this:

1st Annual Riot For Wyatt Memorial Trail Ride

I like that it supports the Ronald McDonald House.

Might anyone else be interested in wheeling the 26th?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• I'm interested. I'm going on the 19th, so that will be two Saturdays in a row, but what's wrong with that?

Nothing at all wrong with that.

Unless (as is too often the case with me) you need a month to fix your junk between trips. :doh:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Planning on it.

Excellent. Otherwise I would be wheeling with a bunch of people I have never wheeled with, and we all know how that situation can be less than ideal.

If we join a group and it doesn't look like it will make for a good day, we can split off just the two of us. 8)

~ JD

• 1. altierior
    2. Slowpoke
    3. Daddanelena

Now we can wheel a DeJA group!

~ JD

• Anthracite's in bad shape. A lot of trails dead-end at the pipeline construction and a lot of the best trails are blocked by fallen trees--somebody said it was "vandals." We went down Barney Rubble and had to turn around and go back up because it was blocked at the bottom. We thought about doing 38C Extension, which goes up from the top of Barney Rubble and looks hard, but it was early in the day and we didn't want to risk breakage. We never made it back there. We did Twister going up which was pretty tricky being as wet as it was, and later did it going down. We tried twice to get out to 55 and Upper Anthracite, but couldn't get through. Bee Line was closed off with caution tape.

Did you have these problems at the club ride? The calendar says we're going back next month, but I don't think they'll have it straightened out by then.

• We hit the pipeline but it was open to cross it, at least the areas we were at. I heard something about trees down a few weeks ago... I chatted with a local gas station guy and he said a lot of locals were not happy with the park in general since they lost their hunting lands and county taxes support it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!