Vintage Surf Tag

• Does anyone know if you can run a vintage surf tag that is stamped with a number as long as you have a current sticker since the new surf tags don't have raised numbers attached to them

• I just read through a bunch of stuff on the state's website and I can't find where they say you can't use that but I very distinctly remember hearing that only current tags are allowed. I've seen plenty of people out there with old tags but also with the new tag and the current years sticker on the new tag. I'd recommend either doing both or if you do the old tag only then keep the new tag in the vehicle and pull it out and play dumb if questioned. Ask at the park office if you want to be sure.

• They used to not allow vintage tags but the tag you have is now the current color scheme for the new tags. They are also allowing both colors now so I doubt you will run into any problems at all as it seems they are much more lax than they were a few years ago.

I never understood why it was a big deal previously. The vintage tags are clearly a DE surf tag so the rangers know exactly where to look for a current sticker. :shrug:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!