Warn Winch - 8000 lb

• Warn winch model X8000i, in like new condition. This model is mounted in a cradle with a 2" stinger so that it can be put in a 2" receiver. Vehicle wiring (included) terminates in a heavy duty plug/socket, for removability. Wired remote and separate accessory kit included (sling, choker chain with hooks, snatch block, D shackle and more). Used lightly once. Includes manuals. All components look new.

Current price for the winch and accessory kit are about $1000.

Will sell for $600. I am in Newark. Call to come by to see if you wish. (302) three six eight 7343.

Bill Halberstadt

• hmmm...

I am interested. I have been considering a hitch-mount set-up.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Feel free to come by to check it out. I'm retired, so usually available.

From late 1993 to a few months ago, I had a wonderful 1994 Grand with a V8, and incrementally modified it to achieve as much off-road capability as I could without my wife objecting too much (her daily driver). Enjoyed a good amount of wheeling, and was amazed at what that big Grand could do. When the transfer case started failing recently I traded it in on a 2011 Grand. Can't argue with 24 good years of use. I haven't gotten the gumption yet to take the new one seriously off-road.

I got the winch for the '94, but just never really needed to use it, so it stayed in the box in the back of the Jeep most of the time. I used it once to help a neighbor pull out a bush. The remote has switch positions for "In", "Out" and "Off". "Off" sets the brake on the reel. The winch does have a lever for disengagement, so it's easy to unreel needed cable.

I once contemplated installing a 2" receiver at the front brush guard, to allow the winch to be mounted front or rear, but never did.

Bill Halberstadt

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!