The new engine is in

• Aaron wrapped up my engine replacement on my TJ Sunday morning. we put a new engine (reman built by The Engine Shop) in with a Comp 4X4 performance cam, replaced the stock single hole injectors with 12 hole units, replaced the throttle body with a 62mm BBK model removed my infamous River Raider Snorkel and put in a spectre cold air intake. All I can say is man what a difference. The engine has a great throaty tone and very noticeable low end torque. She runs and sounds the best since I have had her. Going to install my Fish Bone fenders next, yes I bought cheap Chinese fenders from Qtec. :jeep1:

• RIP snorkel. it served you well on those river crossings in the Moab desert

it saved my ass crossing Lake Christy twice as we filled the jeep up to the stereo, if I had life jackets in the jeep I think Laura would have suited up and abandoned ship. It saved my ass in the Pine Barrens too. The hard part now is to remember that it's not there anymore

• Going to install my Fish Bone fenders next, yes I bought cheap Chinese fenders from Qtec. :jeep1:

Would love to see you post up something about your fender installation -- especially any helpful tips or workarounds you encounter. I bought the same fenders (front and back) over the winter, but have not yet installed them. Good luck!

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• yes they are 12 hole injectors. A little pricey but worth it IMO

cool, so what year TJ, just curious what connector youre using and the part number for injectors

• 2003 TJ, if you google Bosch 12 hole injector for a jeep TJ a ton of links pop up. I believe they are Bosch # 0280156161. They worked with factory harness with no mods needed.

• Would love to see you post up something about your fender installation -- especially any helpful tips or workarounds you encounter. I bought the same fenders (front and back) over the winter, but have not yet installed them. Good luck!

The front fenders took a while to install. I'll start by saying the powder coat on these are more of a textured paint than true powder coat. I coated these 4 times with flat black rustoleum before I started the install. There is an install video on youtube, you should watch it a couple of times before you start. I followed the video and had to cut off my seized corroded hood latches. You can buy just the bottom part that mounts to fender from Qtec for $12. I also found that on my 03 I had to trim about 1/2" off the outside edge of the battery tray as well as the tray on the passenger side. once these were trimmed the fenders laid right in place. Before I bolted the fenders I sprayed everything that would be visible through the mesh with the flat black paint. I also bought two sets of Fish Bone Amber LED marker/flashers. I installed one set on the new fenders in the pre cut 3/4" holes and then I took a hole saw and made a hole in the inner fender on each side and mounted the second set. I now have markers and flashers that can be seen from the front and the side.
    As far as the rear fenders, it took longer grinding off the old seized hardware than it did to mount the fenders. I painted these as well. After removing the old flares the next step is to drop the fender well liners. once you get that in the clear just drill out the existing holes to the size of the hardware supplied. Two Notes - the fender does NOT cover the last hole at the bottom closest to the door and at least on my 03 there is no access to the backside of the lowest bolt that is used on the side closest to the door/ I could only use 5 out of 6 bolts. If you have any questions let me know.\
    The front took me an solid afternoon, I knocked the rears out in about an hour and a half. Both the front and the back I did with no extra help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!