A little surf fishing story

• This past Sunday we went to Delaware Seashore State Park and had a very rude and unpleasant run in with a "Deputy Life Guard" by Tower Beach. When I drove on to the beach at Keybox early morning, I headed North and missed the sign that indicates the end of the drive on area. (have a level of color blindness and did not see the red stripe through the Jeep over the brown background) We wanted to be close to the swimming beach and restrooms for the kids. When the life guard came out, his first words were threatening, rude and that he had called the ranger. He yelled at me to turn off my engine, took the keys to my Jeep and proceeded to tell me I was about to get a $450 fine. I tried to explain that I did not see the sign , and I would promptly leave and get to the proper area but he just ran off. He never presented ID, nor would he tell me his name. When the ranger came by, he was very cool and understanding, and wrote me a warning and sent me on my way. The Life guard should have done the same instead of treating me like a criminal, and taking my property. I have been surf fishing for 20 years without incident (I actually fish) and have never been treated so rudely by any state park staff or official.

This is pretty much the email I sent to the state parks. Hoping this guy gets put in his place. FYI, did not catch anything at all that day.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• He had no ID and took your keys? To hell with that! I'd push to have his ass fired

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• He had no ID and took your keys? To hell with that! I'd push to have his ass fired

That part really pissed me off. When I demanded that he give them back, he told me the ranger will have them . Such a dick. Thats what happens when you give a looser a radio and a tiny bit of authority, he thinks he's David Hasselhoff on baywatch

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!