• Well it finally happened. Pick up a brand new ( to me of course) 97 TJ. Made the move out if the XJ life and lost my doors and top already. Found a great deal and couldn't refuse. Hopefully will be able to,hit a few events now and be wrenchin soon. Has a 2" body lift but looking to switch to a suspension lift and do a few odd and ends to make it my own. Still waiting on the first real jeep wave. The mall crawlers aren't the same.

• Sweet! Welcome to the dark side :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Welcome. Check out the rear frame sections,. They had issues with the early TJs with frame rot there. If so, there are kits made to patch it up. Looks nice.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Welcome. Check out the rear frame sections,. They had issues with the early TJs with frame rot there. If so, there are kits made to patch it up. Looks nice.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Eh. I wouldn't limit that comment to early TJ's. I've done frame repairs all the way up to 2002 models.

• iv done an 05 that was one of the worst. Dont worry if the frame has issues they r repairable.

Good looking jeep.

• So with a new vehicle there are always certain things to,figure out.....ive come across a few....

Driving down the highway once I hit fifth I feel like I lose power. Struggles to go 60. I feel like this isn't normal. Didnt know where to start to look to figure that out.

Debated on possibly regearing. That being said what should I look to regear to. Its going to,be a summer cruiser and beach vehicle.

Thinking,about taking off,the 2" body lift and going suspension. Right now,it has 33 12.5s would 35s fit as it sits now and suggestions on a lift and height, has a cherokee with 4.5" lift but being my first wrangler not sure which route to go

• If it's got stock gears, you'll need to run out the gears longer before you shift on the highway. For most folks, overdrive is a forgotten gear until you regear the axles or get up to a faster highway speed... I'd check the air filter though, make sure it's not clogged up.

If those are 33s, it looks like you have more than just a 2" body lift. Check to see if there are coil spacers... it looks like you have at least 3", based on the wheel well space. A pretty common combo is a 1.25" body lift from JKS and a 2" coil spacer lift with shocks for 33s. If you're torn about moving to 35s, keep it as-is for a little while and go on a trail ride and see how you like it... you might be happy with the 33s.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Is it a 4cyl? I have a 4cyl with 33's and I know that feeling (although I have a manual so it came with 4.10 gears, which helps). If I get a tailwind going down the right hill I can hit 70.

it's a Sahara with the I-6. At least he has a 5 speed, the autos were rough.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!