**Coastal Cleanup - 09/15/18 - CHSP/Gordon's Pond 9am**

• DEJA has, for many years, maintained an Adopt-A-Beach at Navy Crossing in Cape Henlopen State Park. We'll be doing a cleanup on August 25th on that beach as part of the of cornhole tournament. In addition to that every year DNREC does a massive coastal cleanup effort which picks up literal tons of trash off the beaches. We're looking for as many volunteers as possible assist with the cleanup that day. Usually we walk the beach for a couple hours in the morning and then we go to Navy Crossing or whatever beach and hang out for the day.

Waiting on confirmation from DNREC on which beach but all 3 of our choices were in Henlopen. Meet at 9AM at the designated location. I'll actually be out of town that weekend, if someone could be the "captain" it would be appreciated. That just means checking in with the person in charge of the site and making sure they get the forms at the end. Nothing hard.

More details here: https://dnrec.alpha.delaware.gov/coastal-cleanup/

edit: 8/10 location has been confirmed at Gordon's Pond. Enter through the Rehoboth side or through main Henlopen access if you have a surf tag and want to drive across the sand. I'd like to see half a dozen or so people out of this please. We also need a "site captain" which just means you are the one who talks to DNREC there and hands in the forms, nothing hard.

• I'll be the first to sign up although I usually end up dropping out for one reason or another. MAYBE THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT!

1. Slimer

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Maybe I should sign up twice so I won't be alone

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• 1. Slimer
    2. whatevah

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Figures that about 10 minutes after I posted this DNREC says they will make a go/no-go decision on Thursday.

Coastal Cleanup volunteers and site captains,

DNREC is monitoring weather conditions related to Hurricane Florence. Please watch your email, as we expect to announce by Thursday, Sept. 13 whether or not the cleanup will go on Sept. 15 as scheduled.

In the event of severe weather, such as high winds, heavy rain, or high surf and tides, the Delaware Coastal Cleanup will be postponed to the following Saturday rain date of Sept. 22. If that happens, we hope you will be able to join us then.

For the latest information, please also check DNREC’s Facebook page,https://www.facebook.com/DNREC/, or the Coastal Cleanup webpage,https://dnrec.alpha.delaware.gov/coastal-cleanup/.

• You get your wish! :)

It's been officially rescheduled for 9/22.

Due to uncertain weather conditions related to Hurricane Florence, DNREC is taking the precaution of postponing the Delaware Coastal Cleanup to the following Saturday, Sept. 22 from 9 a.m. to noon, instead of this Saturday, Sept. 15. Registered volunteers should plan to arrive at their site at 9 a.m. Sept. 22. We hope for good weather and a great cleanup on the 22nd!

Volunteers, keep an eye on the Coastal Cleanup webpage for additional information, https://dnrec.alpha.delaware.gov/coastal-cleanup/.

• I'm out... rescheduled to my weekend to work. :(

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• updated parking pass attached

Hello Everyone!
    As you all know the New Coastal Clean-up Date is this Saturday September 22nd!
    I Thank everyone who is still able to make it out, and apologize to those who cannot make it to the rain date.
    Attached to this email you will find a Volunteer Parking Pass for the new date that will allow you/your group admittance into the Park. Please print this out and display it in your windshield on the day of the Event.
    *All Fee booth attendance have been made aware of the Event, when passing, please tell them you are there to Volunteer for Coastal Clean-up. If you are unable to print the pass, please just inform the attendant you are there for the clean-up- they should not turn any volunteers away, even if they do not have the pass*
    Also, please keep in mind you will be working on the beach, please dress appropriately and bring proper hydration.
    At this point, we are looking at mid-70s and sunny- Let’s all knock on wood that the forecast remains beautiful!

When you arrive, please locate your Site Captain and sign in. They will also have gloves, trash bags, and data cards for your use.
    If you are an individual, you may want to consider finding a buddy to make picking up trash easier on yourself!
    Please remember- Safety is MOST IMPORTANT.
    Do NOT attempt to collect anything that puts yourself or others in danger. Do not attempt to life heavy objects on your own, and if you find any hazardous materials (such as syringes, medical waste, chemical drums, or paraphernalia of any kind) please do not attempt to handle. Notify your Site Captain and they can take the necessary steps to ensuring it is safely taken care of.
    When you have finished collecting trash, please return the data cards and trash bags to your site captain and sign out before leaving!
    If you have ANY questions or concerns before or during the Event, please feel free to call or email me.
    Alison Romano
    [i]Volunteer Manager[/i]
    [i]KPSP, TPSP, and First State Heritage Park[/i]
    Delaware State Parks

• Planning on being there tomorrow. Hope to see everyone there.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!