• Just picked this 97 TJ up yesterday. 4.0 5sp. Needs some cosmetic stuff but overall it's in pretty good shape. The previous owner thought he was making an army jeep. He cut the Rollbar off in back and removed all the plastic stuff, (flares, molding around inside windshield,etc) my plans are to replace the Rollbar and get a soft-top. Then get some metal cloak tube fenders and put 33's for now. Want to keep it low. Would like to go with 35's eventually when I can afford to re gear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I had to get this so I can do some trail rides. My pop doesn't want to get the LJ dirty. Oh and the camo paint job has got to go. People might not be able to see me on trail runs with that sweet camo. Lol

• Oh that poor windshield frame! Definitely different... will be nice to see what you do with it. :) Paint it bright orange so we can see it. ;)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Congrats, should make a great trail Jeep! I would go with 35s and added lift and re-gear later. I've been running 33s for 10 years now and still haven't gotten around to upgrading to 35s. I do alright, but I do an awful lot of scraping and dragging -- ground clearance is more important than low center of gravity for the trails we do in this part of the country. If you go with 33s, make sure you have good skid plates and rocker guards!

• Oh that poor windshield frame! Definitely different... will be nice to see what you do with it. :) Paint it bright orange so we can see it. ;)

Ugh! Thanks for pointing out that windshield frame. Lol. I didn't even notice all those rivets. Smh. Guess I should add that to the parts list. Gonna make use of the quadratec discount for sure

• If you're looking for a cage call Zach at AtoZ Fabrication. A lot of the stuff you see on the site will be heavy duty rockcrawling cages. If you need something a little less heavy duty he can build whatever you need.

I will keep him in mind for later on tho. Right now I just want to get a stock one back on it so I can get a top on it to keep the weather out of it.

• I'd get a better paint job then Maaco. If you want to go a little custom, how about Sahara green for the body and fenders and the Sahara tan for the hood, cowl, and windheild frame (which you should probably replace anyway because of the rivot holes)? You might also continue the Sahara tan around the top of edge of the tub where the body. That would look pretty cool.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I was thinking about doing a color matched Sahara green rhino liner on the inside and outside. Either that or something cheap. I don't want to be upset about scratching up a custom paint job on the trail.

• I was thinking about doing a color matched Sahara green rhino liner on the inside and outside. Either that or something cheap. I don't want to be upset about scratching up a custom paint job on the trail.

I am hoping to plasti dip my old 4Runner before the end of the summer. I can buy a gallon for less than 70 bucks. You can also spray or roll on rustoleum. Theres not a lot of surface area on a TJ. I really hate the look of bedliner on the outside of a whole vehicle. The rockers is cool but doing the whole thing bothers me. I passed on a really cheap Cummins just because it was lineX'ed.

• I'm not crazy for the look either when the whole body is sprayed with bedliner. I thought if it was green it might look better. The camo will probably stay for the time being. I want to get metal cloak over line fenders, front and rear bumpers and some rock sliders first. Gonna chip away a little bit at a time. Being a broke house painter doesn't afford me the luxury of a big toy budget. Lol

• I really don't have a clue what I should upgrade on the driveline. I'm new to the whole jeep scene. The extent of my knowledge comes from Dirt Every Day. Once I get the body protection on I'm just going to wheel it and whatever breaks I will know to upgrade it.

• Depends on what your plan is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I am hoping to plasti dip my old 4Runner before the end of the summer. I can buy a gallon for less than 70 bucks. You can also spray or roll on rustoleum. Theres not a lot of surface area on a TJ. I really hate the look of bedliner on the outside of a whole vehicle. The rockers is cool but doing the whole thing bothers me. I passed on a really cheap Cummins just because it was lineX'ed.

I just got a quote from an autobody place in west chester, he wanted $2500 - $3250 depending on what paint to do my TJ, that was not including any body work if needed. F'ing highway robbery considering all I needed is the tub, tailgate, two doors and a sliver of my hood, i'd just do the MAACO and forget about it

• Depends on what your plan is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I mainly bought it to have something to do trail runs with and one day take to Easter jeep safari. We have the LJ for an every day vehicle. I don't want an all out rock crawler just something to run blue/green trails

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!