• Wondering if anyone has some advice on ordering wheels. I'm looking into a set of Method race wheels but I have no clue on offset or backspacing. Not sure if I want to go with 15" or 16 maybe 17" wheels. Only thing I know is I need 5x4.5 bolt pattern. After that I'm clueless. Thanks in advance for any input
    Oh and I'm going to go with 33" tires if that makes a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I think 17s with 33s looks good. I'm running stock 15s on 33s myself

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Wondering if anyone has some advice on ordering wheels. I'm looking into a set of Method race wheels but I have no clue on offset or backspacing. Not sure if I want to go with 15" or 16 maybe 17" wheels. Only thing I know is I need 5x4.5 bolt pattern. After that I'm clueless. Thanks in advance for any input
    Oh and I'm going to go with 33" tires if that makes a difference

Wheel size kinda depends on the look you're going for. 15" wheels are more "correct" for a TJ, but 16s or 17s will give you different tire options and a more modern look (especially for 17s). Don't forget wheel width, too. Assuming you're going for a 33x12.5" tire, try for a 9" wheel. If you're going with a 15" wheel, you can go with 8" wide, but 9" wide is probably best for 16" and 17" wheels.

We use the backspace measurement in the Jeep world, seems to be easiest to keep from rubbing the frame and suspension components. Try to go with 4" or less backspacing, this should prevent rubbing when aired down. You might be ok with 4.5" backspace with a 9" wide wheel, but 4" will give you more room for debris to clear.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I wheel on 17" wheels and love it, plenty of traction and better on the street, handling and easier to balance. I run 4.5" BS on a TJ no matter the tire size. Specifically i use a 17x8.5 for on and offroad.

• the lower the backspacing numerically it will be harder to keep from bump steering and dealth wobble occurring too, plus it will hurt turning radius, not to mention harder to cover with fender flares

• I'm thinking about buying these for my TJ. What do you guys think? I would have to get some spacers to convert to 5x5 bolt pattern. They are 255/75/17. I think they might look sharp on a TJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!