Jeep fire 30 miles into the desert.

• Wow that's wild. I'm glad he was ok. I wonder what caused the fire, maybe the auto trans overheat?

That's a 2013 (two washer nozzles, but has amber turn signals- went to clear lenses in 2014), shouldn't be any trans heat issues... even if he's in 2Hi or 4Hi, that terrain is fine. The trans heat issues were primarily with the 07-11s when in high range instead of low range. That trail isn't heavy used, the brush is fairly high in the middle of the two-track... I'd guess that he collected a bit in the skid plates and probably got caught in the exhaust. He parked over brush that might have been ignited as well. Personally, I try to limit the number of times I shut off my Jeep when out solo (don't want to risk a starter giving up) so for a quick stop to open and close a gate, I leave it idling. It won't lock with the door open and engine running, so there's virtually no risk of locking yourself out. Maybe he was trying to conserve fuel?

That was ‘something’! But, I wonder why....and I don’t mean to denigrate, why, he didn’t use the shovel an throw dirt on the fire after depleting the fire extinguisher...

Too busy taking pictures and setting up the video camera tripod and it progressed too far? A nice way to upgrade to a brand new Jeep from a 5 year old one, though. Not saying he did that intentionally, but he presents himself as being pretty well prepared and experienced for that to happen.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I've watch a few of this guy's videos and they are not bad. One thought I had was when he was listing his equipment, he said that he had saved 2 pistols, a rifle and a shotgun, along with all the other stuff he mentioned. Now I firmly believe in being prepared for all sorts of incidents however, I'm not sure that he would've enjoyed humping all that out on his back. I'm with Solomi, good thing he was in cell range. just sayin.

Find someone who grows flowers in the darkest parts of you

Edited once, last by gap050 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!