Installing a lift?

• Sorry if this was elsewhere in the forum. I couldn’t find my answer. Is there a local Jeep shop that specializes or us a lot of experience in Jeep maintenance? I am looking to get a lift installed but I have neither the tools or experience to do it myself. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Where are you located, i could possibly do it for you if the timing works out

• I am in the same boat right now...and not to hijack your thread, but I HATE my stock tires and am in need of new ones so I might as well get the lift now.

Being a single female I know mechanics have taken advantage of me so I am looking for guidance. I am in Kennett Square and I am going back and forth between a body lift and suspension lift. I'm really only doing it for the look, it is my daily driver and I drive back and forth to the beach every weekend so probably won't take it wheeling...therefore, I am guessing a body lift is enough. I am looking to put 33's (maybe 35's) on it so if anyone has some information they can send me on their opinion and where to get this done it would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

There is no fun in a perfect life. So make a risk. Take a chance. Go where the wind takes you and just have fun!

• I had one put on just recently and I went one place quoted me 1200 dollars then a friend of a friend told me about diamond state automotive . Got it done for 500 and the guy had it done faster then what the other place said it would take . And side note the other place wanted me to buy a bunch of parts they said I needed but weren't necessary . The guy actually said I needed a steering stabilizer but the kit I bought had one .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• there are a few guys on here that do work out of their home garage and are very fair in pricing. @astape is in north Wilmington and has probably worked on most of the jeeps of active members on here. @shadyluke also does good work and is in Lincoln university, but I know he is very low on time

the best way to do a cheap and easy lift is to do a 2 inch spacer lift. they are spacers that go between the coil springs and the spring perch on the frame. a set can be had for as little as about hundred bucks depending on brand. some will be closer to 300 with track bar brackets (to keep the axle centered under the jeep) and sway bar link extensions. you can get away with running the stock shocks, but you can get new shocks if you want. when I did my TJ, I just did the spacers and shock extensions

maybe some of the JK guys can chime in regarding what exact additional parts are required for the spacer lift.

• I'm in west grove and do work out of my garage as well. years of jeep experience, feel free to shoot a text over 302-750-8531

• I am in the same boat right now...and not to hijack your thread, but I HATE my stock tires and am in need of new ones so I might as well get the lift now.

Being a single female I know mechanics have taken advantage of me so I am looking for guidance. I am in Kennett Square and I am going back and forth between a body lift and suspension lift. I'm really only doing it for the look, it is my daily driver and I drive back and forth to the beach every weekend so probably won't take it wheeling...therefore, I am guessing a body lift is enough. I am looking to put 33's (maybe 35's) on it so if anyone has some information they can send me on their opinion and where to get this done it would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Body lifts are limited in height, and tend to have a more complicated install over a coil (suspension) spacer lift when you go higher than 1.25". I'd suggest going with a 2-2.5" coil spacer lift for 33s, although they'll fit without a lift (stock Sahara and Rubicon tires are 32"). 35s will fit as well, but you'll likely need to trim the body pinch seam a little (sticks out from the factory).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thanks @whatevah! I am going to try and narrow down exactly what I want this weekend and order it. I would love to do a 3" suspension lift and of course my son is suggesting 6" (ha ha) but he isn't the one that has to get in and out of it everyday and that is my concern (short girl problems). If the install isn't going to bad with the suspension lift then I think I will go that route because I am thinking 35's now. Thanks again that information was very helpful.

There is no fun in a perfect life. So make a risk. Take a chance. Go where the wind takes you and just have fun!

• he isn't the one that has to get in and out of it everyday and that is my concern (short girl problems).

Yes, climbing in and out on a daily basis is something often overlooked. I have about 5" of lift on my CJ (sprung over axle) and I swear it gets higher as the week goes on (not to mention as I get older). I've ripped a few pairs of pants making the climb. :S

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I have a 2011 Jk and I run 35 inch tires on a 2 and half inch lift. I have no problems with getting in or out. If you don't plan on doing any hard wheeling you should be good to go( pinch seem will need to be cut as mentioned before). If you do plan on wheeling hard there are some fender issues that will need to be addressed.

• If you dont want to end up spending a lot of money re gearing the axles for bigger tires i would go no larger than a 33" tire

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!