AOAA park November 3rd

• Run blacks? I might be up for this.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• hey John not sure what trails they are doing? I was hoping to get at least 3 from our group so if they are running greens we would do our own thing!

I think Dave DBollllllloYJ might be in.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Group running BLACKS:

1. daddanelena
    2. tool guy matco guy (?)
    3. altierior
    4. DBolllllllYJ

~ JD

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• 50/50 chance that Dave is out. He is waiting to gt back his front driveshaft that we destroyed a while back.

~ JD

• I just got my trailer back. 5 new tires after my debacle last time out.

~ JD

• 1. daddanelena - out
    2. tool guy matco guy (Now that Wayne is out I can only assume?)
    3. altierior
    4. DBolllllllYJ
    5. Slowpoke

~ JD

• LAST CALL!!! (not really)

1. altierior
    2. DBolllllllYJ
    3. Slowpoke

Anyone looking to sign up last minute? Just keep in mind we plan to do some of the harder stuff...

~ JD

• TRAIL REPORT: This was supposed to be daddanelena's ride, but he didn't make it. I got a text from him Friday night like this:The way I got the story, the Jeep was on the trailer; he drove the Jeep over the front of the trailer, over the tool box, into the back of his new pickup. The good news is Wayne and the Jeep were okay. I don't know why Wayne didn't drive the Jeep up to AOAA and wheel!

So we ended up with three Jeeps, me, altierior, and John's buddy Dave in his YJ on Swampers (who also drove up), and Stafford rode shotgun. It rained a little on the way up, but didn't rain any more all day, but the trials were slippery. We started out with Stafford and me trying to get up Randy's Hill (Renee's Hill on the map), but my tires packed up with gritty mud and just did a lot of spinning. Finally had to winch me off a rock and back it down.

We took Boy Scout over to Barney Rubble and did the top part going down. Something started to squeal under the hood of my CJ. When we looked, there was a line of smoke coming from the back of the engine. I finally figured out it was the throwout bearing on the clutch, but it kept working and I was able to wheel the rest of the day and make it home. After Barney Rubble, we did 55. John, Dave and Geoff did the Pit, while I bypassed knowing my traction issues. Good thing, because John had to make 15 tries on the steep climb out of the Pit -- they started calling him "15." We then did Upper Anthracite and took a hard left onto Bee Line Ridge, where we temporarily lost Dave. Once we got all back together, we did Twister, then decided to go to the other side of the access road and check out BA (34) and Excalibur (35), both marked as Blues. On BA, John found a big pile of wholly optional rocks and got himself into a truly precarious position. Thanks to expert spotting by Dave and Geoff, he lived. Here's the video when they finally got him off (so to speak). Be sure to turn the sound on so you can catch John's reaction.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    AOAA 110318

We also did Excalibur, but that was a bit of a letdown. By then it was 5:00 and we headed back to the parking lot. Stafford and I had wings at O'Neal's in Pine Grove (my first time there--fantastic!) then went to pick up his Jeep at A to Z Fabrication in Schuylkill Haven, where he was having the frame restored--shiny new frame! AtoZ

A very good day on the trails with no breakage (except my throwout bearing, which could have happened anywhere). I hope to see you all on November 24 back at AOAA for the big charity ride!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!