Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The model that is $12k less than the gladiator isn’t even in the same league. No comparison. The Jeep isn’t but a couple grand difference. Is there another manufacturer where you can get front and rear lockers from the factory?

• I guess my contention is, what league IS the Gladiator in? It certainly isn’t in the MJ/CJ/YJ league. But, that’s ok; it’s all good. Mfg’s Have always made cars ‘bigger better longer fancier’ otherwise we might not buy the ‘new’ model.

• It's in the mid-size truck league

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Each model seems to hit its own unique click. Tacoma and 4Runner, 4door wrangler, gladiator, they’re not exactly 1:1. They have different wheelbases and covered storage.
    You gotta figure if you wanna rock crawl for a day, or camp on the trail, or drive across the country and hit forest roads and desert along the way. Or tow your RZR :)

• https://www.autoblog.com/2019/…5PcmkacPjz9HsAANzmDTNfZAU
    I like the J6. Well, I actually like the 5/4 best but the J6 has a chance of seeing production. If money was no object I'd daily drive a Gladiator, it has room to haul a couple of bags of feed or a hardware store haul on the way home from work. It would be nice to drive to Assateague for a day trip, too.

• It's in the mid-size truck league

Mid-sized truck league, yes...they've made that pretty clear in the press releases. The issue that I see is that it's not apples to apples when looking base price vs base price but many claim it's 'so much more expensive'. Jeep made a decision to KISS and aim for the meat of the market (undestandable given it's 80% of the midsize market) in offering only a crewcab, shortbox variant. Most competitors offer a 4cyl, 2wd, reg cab 'stripped' variant with an understandably cheap base price. An example is the Colorado...base price $21300 but the minute you up that to a CC/SB 4x4 and spec it to LT you're already at $34645 and is pretty close in spec to the $35040 Gladiator Sport. I think they'll always carry a 'Jeep premium' in that you're not going to see mfr incentives, etc like on other marks but that's just the nature of the beast.

--Ian

• That's a very good point.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Hmm...how much is a Hell Cat Chalenger?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Or a raptor :)

Boo....Ford

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• here's a handy spreadsheet showing the list and invoice pricing on the current options, so you can get a better idea of pricing. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum…lculator-worksheet.15009/

Apparently EVO MFG got friendly with Jeep and they got access to a prerelease JT, as well as developing a lift kit for one of the concept rigs. The prerelease JT was a Sport model that they've installed a 6" lift, big axles, 40" tires, rack, tent, tire carrier, etc. It's a monster!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• here's a handy spreadsheet showing the list and invoice pricing on the current options, so you can get a better idea of pricing. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum…lculator-worksheet.15009/

Apparently EVO MFG got friendly with Jeep and they got access to a prerelease JT, as well as developing a lift kit for one of the concept rigs. The prerelease JT was a Sport model that they've installed a 6" lift, big axles, 40" tires, rack, tent, tire carrier, etc. It's a monster!

This was actually one of the first production ones to roll off the line, all of the pre production ones are gone or spoken for

• Dan Neill in the WSJ did a review. I always read his reviews because he is pretty damn funny. I wasn't surprised that he kind of panned it. He is big on EV's and fuel efficiency and the Gladiator doesn't fit that mold...or rather, it drove over that mold and then reversed back-and-forth over it a few times, and then the driver got out of the cab and fired his twelve gauge at the remains of the mold a few times, and then...well, you get the idea.

• Just saw one at our dealer, i am not a fan at all, the bed is all wrong, they totally botched it IMO. overhang looks worse than i thought in person and bed is so small. $62k for this one, and the first 5 are already sold

• With different rims it might look better. I do agree that the bed looks funky. I'm not sure if it's the over hand or how the don't of the bed seems to cut into the cab.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!