Jeep JT pickup info

• I'm more interested to see what drive train they put in it. A new vehicle model is a great opportunity to introduce a new drivetrain line.

Supposed to be the same as the JL... the updated 3.6L V6 gas engine and the 3.0L turbodiesel. The gas will have the auto and manual transmissions, the diesel will only come with the auto (per reports). I'm not sure about the axles, rumored to either be the same as the JL (standard and heavy duty/Rubicon) or possibly only come with the Rubicon axles (a little wider than the standard). It will have more payload and around 6500lb tow rating, though... not sure if that's just because of a stronger frame, longer wheelbase or the possible Rubicon axle upgrade.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Better link ;) https://www.jeepscramblerforum…d-on-fca-media-site.8138/

also gives us the trim levels... Sport, Overland and Rubicon.

I do like the Gladiator name vs Scrambler. Just more macho. ;) Of course, there will be a million and 3 "theme" builds... everybody and their brother will have Spartan helmet decals (note to self, get busy with ebay store!).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I wish they would use the Kaiser truck front end

Better link ;) https://www.jeepscramblerforum…d-on-fca-media-site.8138/

also gives us the trim levels... Sport, Overland and Rubicon.

I do like the Gladiator name vs Scrambler. Just more macho. ;) Of course, there will be a million and 3 "theme" builds... everybody and their brother will have Spartan helmet decals (note to self, get busy with ebay store!).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I wish they would use the Kaiser truck front end

I'm very confident that one will be available in the aftermarket, but I don't think it'll look as good as the concept vehicle they had out a few years ago...

Jerry / Whatevah

• Yeah, ‘Gladiator’ sounds too much like ‘Titan’ or ‘Goliath’; since jeep already has Cherokee and Comanche, how about Apache , Mohave, Navajo, or other, also to honor the peoples to come before us.

• Yeah, ‘Gladiator’ sounds too much like ‘Titan’ or ‘Goliath’; since jeep already has Cherokee and Comanche, how about Apache , Mohave, Navajo, or other, also to honor the peoples to come before us.

Gladiator is a name used for the full size truck made when Kaiser owned Jeep in the 60s

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• That would be a cool name if it had a high HP motor in it.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• he forum switched over to jeepgladiatorforum.com which, was conviently registered back in July of 2017... when they also registered jeepscramblerforum.com Seems pretty likely to me that Jeep folks are behind the site. :)

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum…up-general-discussions.4/

back to the news... looks like Jeep accidentally (?) put up their press release early. It was taken down, but a forum member snagged some pictures. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum…cial-pics-and-specs.8214/

• Looks like a Rubicon and a Sahara/Overland there. The Rubi has the higher front flares. Both have a hidden gas cap, that's new. Looks like both come with a steel rear bumper? Or is that Sahara version just black plastic? Hardtop gets a beer window, which can be nice. The departure angle doesn't look as bad as expected.

The spec sheet says up to 7650lb tow rating, that's higher than expected. Very nice! I wonder what configuration that'll be. 1600 max payload. 5ft bed with a "covered external power source and strong integrated tie-downs". Windshield can still fold down. Looks like most body panels are aluminum, maybe everything except the bed.

Looks like the diesel will be delayed until 2020, with just the 3.6L gas engine at launch.

Rubicon model will have an option for a front-facing camera.

Jerry / Whatevah

• nope stacks up against the chevy colorado, toy tacoma, ford ranger (they r supose to bring it back). Its a mid size 1/4 ton like the mj was but will probably have a 1/2 ton price tag.

Not sure whats not very jeep about it. There were jeep trucks long before there were wranglers. Its just a current wrangler with a 5' bed

• The whole market is over priced. That's why the used truck market is so popular

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Not sure whats not very jeep about it. There were jeep trucks long before there were wranglers. Its just a current wrangler with a 5' bed

because, to me;, And if you look up the defination of a jeep’, its ‘A Smalll sturdy vehicle with 4WD, especially one used by the military’. Ok, there are many variations of ‘the jeep’, but the wrangler is the only one semi-faithfull to original intent. Even tho, the newest version is 2 times heavier than the original....

• No recent leaks... 4 days until the reveal!

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!