Jeep JT pickup info

• i wonder if its the clutch or strength of the 6spd that limits the tow capacity on the manual?

I'd assume the clutch, but that's just a wild guess. I couldn't find any spec sheets for it (Aisin D478)... just one casual reference to 345 or 350ft-lb torque rating, which might just be from assuming the "478" is the Newton torque rating.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I would guess the clutch. Being able to fit into a smaller truck, the transmission is probably smaller profile so requires a smaller clutch than a full size truck would be able to have

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Do we know when these will actually be on the lot at a dealership to look at?

Supposedly end of June.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Oh boy! An extra 10 mm socket!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Definitely makes sense.

I'll give an extra 10mm socket to anyone that brings a JT to the surf fishing tournament. Actual 2019 JT model Jeep vehicle, no matchbox cars or printed pictures from the internet or other loopholes. I know how you people think. :)

why would i need an extra one?

• Definitely makes sense.

I'll give an extra 10mm socket to anyone that brings a JT to the surf fishing tournament. Actual 2019 JT model Jeep vehicle, no matchbox cars or printed pictures from the internet or other loopholes. I know how you people think. :)

Does the socket ever make it to our hands or do you just go ahead and hide it in the back of our garage somewhere?

• I actually used mine on my alternator the other day

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I was thinking of making something that would keep it on my key chain and take it off if it was needed

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• A random thought from my Jeep weight thread... My JK's payload is 700lbs (per door sticker), and since my JK is currently 200lbs+ overweight, the JT should be a safer and more reliable vehicle given that an automatic Rubicon will have a 1160lb payload. It'll definitely be overweight on trips, but not in daily use.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!