Jeep JT pickup info

• I like it, 1160 lbs isn't going to cut it, though. It'd have to be an addition to the fleet, not a replacement for the truck.

Exactly because this is a mid-size truck... aka a Dodge Dakota, Chevy Colorado, Toyota Tacoma, etc. It was never intended to be a work truck. Although, the sport model with the 1600/1535 available payload is pretty competitive with the other brands. I think that Sport "max tow" package with the 1535 payload and 7650 tow rating should be a pretty popular option, though.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Yeah...whateveh....just wished they would have saved the 4-door PU for another model- call it the STRANGLER or something....I would like to see a 2800 to3200 lb. reg cab wrangler! Oh well ... _._

• A random thought from my Jeep weight thread... My JK's payload is 700lbs (per door sticker), and since my JK is currently 200lbs+ overweight, the JT should be a safer and more reliable vehicle given that an automatic Rubicon will have a 1160lb payload. It'll definitely be overweight on trips, but not in daily use.

I like how you're trying to justify buying a JT with math. Keep going...

• I like how you're trying to justify buying a JT with math. Keep going...

Gotta be honest, I'm really being torn between the JT Rubicon, the Ram Rebel and the Ram 2500 Power Wagon. All should be in the same price range for the options I'd want (I'm assuming a JT Rubi will start at $45,445 and be around $53k with options). But, the Rams are full-width and I've been used to driving a narrow XJ and the slightly-wider JK for the past 14 years. The Power Wagon is really heavy, gets 15mpg highway and doesn't have 4:1 low gear but does have a killer 6.4L HEMI, front and rear lockers, front swaybar disco and a winch. The Rebel only has a small lift and a rear locker, but gets better gas mileage from the smaller 5.7L HEMI and its measily 395HP. Would do a multi-mount winch if I end up with a Rebel.

I really don't care too much about the open air, I use a hardtop because of the gear (medical and noisemakers) I usually have in my Jeep. The top usually only comes off for a week or two a year. The JT will already be too long for the blue/black trails I run at RC and AOAA, so I'm already planning on getting a beater CJ or YJ... so an even wider pickup wouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm just to the point in my life where a 4-door pickup would make things a lot easier for me. :\ But, then I wouldn't be in a Jeep for my daily driver and passing the hundreds of JKs and JLs every day would be pretty rough for a while. :) At any rate, I'm trying to hold off until next fall before buying anything.

We're all still waiting on the pricing details to be released at the end of the month, along with the media embargo to be listed. So, not much in the way of news... All I've seen lately is a rumor floating around the JT factory about a ~7000 vehicle government order that will run before the dealer stocking orders. No details beyond that... just that a bunch of JTs are supposedly being ordered for unknown government agencies.

The factory seems to be ready, the first production JT rolled off the line today... you may have already seen that on Facebook. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I'm leaning towards a Power Wagon

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Whateveh confirms my take on the 4door JT; Competing with existing trucks that an MB CJ YJ were never designed for; so why not a Peterbuilt tractor version? Out of character, is why...the Jk is too big- My old underpowered YJ was more fun to drive....

• Whateveh confirms my take on the 4door JT; Competing with existing trucks that an MB CJ YJ were never designed for; so why not a Peterbuilt tractor version? Out of character, is why...the Jk is too big- My old underpowered YJ was more fun to drive....

its Peterbilt :) i still disagree that its competing against those trucks. Its following in the traditions of a Willys pick-up or even an mj. Its a 1/4 ton truck like an s10 or the new ranger. It has a solid place in the market

Oh yea Peterbilt

• So I’m almost sold on the JT. I’m in the market for a truck of that size. I was looking at the 19 Colorado ZR2. Has thought about getting the truck and then just keeping the JK. Or trading in the JK for the truck and the. Getting an old beater CJ or something as I’m not sure I want to be Jeepless.

However, I’m starting to more and more seriously consider the JT.

Ugh decisions decisions.

• So I’m almost sold on the JT. I’m in the market for a truck of that size. I was looking at the 19 Colorado ZR2. Has thought about getting the truck and then just keeping the JK. Or trading in the JK for the truck and the. Getting an old beater CJ or something as I’m not sure I want to be Jeepless.

However, I’m starting to more and more seriously consider the JT.

Ugh decisions decisions.

I like how the Jeep truck can have the top and doors removed.

But it's a 1rst year production vehicle so....

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• This wheelbase comparison is so helpful. I was creating my own charts few months ago...but this is great.
    The engine and trans is the same and been around for a while. That helps mitigate 1st year issues, no?

Do it. I wish I could get out more, and the JT seems like a great fit.

• The engine and trans is the same and been around for a while. That helps mitigate 1st year issues, no?

Good point. If the main driveline has been well tested and proven through production then that relieves a lot of mystery

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It IS as bad as I thought. I can get a full size Dodge Ram for that

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• first of the articles... https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/…62310-first-drive-review/

It’s to get down to the price. The 2020 Gladiator Sport 4×4 with a manual transmission starts at $33,545 before the $1,495 destination charge. This makes the total starting MSRP $35,040.
    These are the starting prices for all four trim levels of the Gladiator (all including the destination charge).

• Gladiator Sport: $35,040
    • Gladiator Sport S: $38,240
    • Gladiator Overland: $41,790
    • Gladiator Rubicon: $45,040

Pretty much where I expected it, actually a little less. I was figuring $44,450 for a Rubicon before delivery.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!