Jeep JT pickup info

• Also, also the Ram comes with a removable hard top but you can only remove it once and you can't put it back on :)

Friend of mine did that with an S10. Somehow he managed to use the steel top as a hard top. I'm not sure how that worked out for him.

He also put a 327 in it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Here's a review...
    2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon – The Wrangler of Pic…:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon – The Wrangler of Pic…:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• https://www.freep.com/story/mo…ator-wrangler/3315350002/

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Another good video comparing the Gladiator with the Colorado ZR2 which is the other truck I was looking at.

• Jeep has released pricing information for the 2020 Gladiator pickup.
    The line-up is broken down into four trim levels named Sport, Sport S, Overland, and Rubicon, respectively. Pricing starts at $33,545, a figure which makes the Gladiator $2,000 more expensive than an entry-level Wrangler Unlimited. The next three trim levels cost $36,755, $40,395, and $43,545, respectively. Buyers need to add a $1,495 destination to the aforementioned figures.

The Gladiator costs considerably more than its main rivals; the Ford Ranger starts at $24,300, the Chevrolet Colorado is priced at $21,300, and the cheapest Tacoma will set you back $25,700. However, the entry-level variants of these models are bare-bones, construction site-spec trucks with a short cab, rear-wheel drive, and very few creature comforts. The Gladiator is only offered with a four-door cab and four-wheel drive, and its not as Spartan inside. It's still not cheap, but Jeep is betting Wrangler-like design and the possibility of going top- and door-less will sweeten the deal.

The company also announced a Launch Edition model that will be sold only on April 4 (4/4 is 4x4 day, it explained) and only through its official website. The Launch Edition (pictured) is a range-topping Rubicon model loaded with equipment, and fitted with edition-specific add-ons like an aluminum badge on the tailgate. Plan on spending $60,815 to put one in your garage. To add context, that's about $10,000 more than Mercedes-Benz charges for a 2019 E300 sedan.

Only 4,190 examples of the Launch Edition will be made, a number chosen because 419 is the area code in Toledo, Ohio, where Jeep builds the Gladiator. Buyers will have the opportunity to win $100,000 by submitting a video.

Launch Edition buyers will get their truck first. The standard Gladiator will begin arriving in showrooms during the second quarter of 2019.

• I guess considering it's a 4 door model and you can take the top and doors off, the pricing is not that bad compared to the other mid-size truck rivals.

I'd still like to see another full size truck come out, but the larger market share is probably going mid-size.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Just saw pricing on Jeep.com but looks likes its down now. Built one up to $51,660

• Just saw pricing on Jeep.com but looks likes its down now. Built one up to $51,660

I’ve been playing around with the different build options etc and I’m assuming I’m going to be around $50-52 to get it where I want it. That does NOT include the possibility of a dealer installed Mopar lift and/or bigger tires and wheels.

• for me and what i pay per month for a 18 cummins mega cab i cannot justify getting one, they are insanely priced.

• Here's a comparison against other similar trucks

https://www.motor1.com/news/31…adiator-video-comparison/

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• So for $12k you get the capability of taking the tops and doors off

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Yeah...if I were in the market for a 4-door mid size pickup, it would be the Canyon or Colorado for $12,000.00 less....

I don’t know, the Colorado I was looking at had a window sticker of $47. And that’s with no locking diffs, swaybar disconnect, top and door removal and all of the other perks of the Gladiator Rubi. I don’t think the price difference is that big for what you get.

• Comes down to your list of "Nice to haves" vs "Must Haves".

For me, I wouldn't take it off road because I have a Jeep for that. I also can't see risking damaging something I have a $500 or $600 payment on.

A rear locker or traction control is a must have. Removable top and doors would be great but are on the nice to have list. Being one of few people who use their truck as a truck, a larger bed (at least 6ft) is a must have. Being an old guy, I also like a V8 in a truck. Actually I like a V8 in anything....

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I definitely wouldn’t be wheeling it wheeling it. (Let’s be realistic I never have time to do that as it is), but it will definitely see the sand plenty.

All of the Rubi perks will be nice years down the road when it’s a little older and I’m more comfortable taking it off-roading somewhere on some simple trails.

As far as the truck bed goes it has what a 5 ft bed instead of a 6 that the others come with? Realistically I won’t be using it for anything major truckwise either.

Also it has some basic convenience features that the others don’t have that appeal to me. I like the locking storage under the rear seats that would have to be an upgrade or aftermarket purchase with one of the others.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!