Jeep JT pickup info

• A JT spotted without the camo! Assumed to be running a 2" Mopar lift with beadlocks and 37s. Looks like a Sport with the max-tow package (plain bumper with the 2-piece flares). I bet this will be a somewhat common setup, 2" lift and 37s!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• The Build & Price tool has the Gladiator! Sadly, no prices... but the option lists and specs are there. https://www.jeep.com/lineup.bmo.html?app=bmo

Of note for me, the turning radius is 44.5' compared with 34.5' for a 2-door JL and 40.8' for a 4-door JLU. Not as bad as I was expecting, although I'll miss the super tight turning capability.

I'm not sure if the specs in the "standard features" section are accurate, it says the gas tank is 19 gallons but the spec sheet I saw before said 22 gallons. :shrug: Edit: it says 22 gallons later down the specs page. I guess they need to finish cleaning up a few spots.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• These photos have a closeup of the tires... 35s.

• Haven't posted anything in a while, so how about some cool news... A JT will be competing in the King of the Hammers! Savvy Off Road is building one for he Everyman class. Keep an eye on their facebook page for details: https://www.facebook.com/SavvyOffRoad/ Haven't seen how they managed to get one so early.

A dude over on the Jeep Gladiator Forum made up a spreadsheet showing the currently available options for the JT and the model/package chart. Here it is: https://docs.google.com/spread…lgXSbh9Q/edit?usp=sharing He'll update it later when pricing has been released.

And some potentially bad news, there was an article in a Los Angeles paper that quoted Jeep's brand director Scott Tallon who said that the JT would be in dealership by end of June. Hopefully it's way before then.

The JT is on the list of vehicles for the Philly auto show (starts Feb 2nd)... I might have to take a drive up to check it out in person. O:)

Jerry / Whatevah

• You can catch the train to Philly too

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I cant have a jeep without a manual, and i cant have a new truck
    unless it can tow. Since this cant properly tow with the Manual
    (and wont come with a manual diesel) i gotta file it away under
    the "Power Wagon 6.4L/Challenger GT/Other cars that Dodge
    came so close to getting right but COMPLETELY failed at
    delivery" folder...

Im trying really... really hard to like this truck, but the more I hear
    about all the things it wont have or cant do, the more i want to
    keep my Mjs...

• its a 1/4 ton truck that can tow up to 7k with the v6 gasser and 6spd. How much more can u ask of it. Its a fair amount mord then a mj, jk or jl and u get all the coolness of a soft top jeep.

• its a 1/4 ton truck that can tow up to 7k with the v6 gasser and 6spd. How much more can u ask of it. Its a fair amount mord then a mj, jk or jl and u get all the coolness of a soft top jeep.

When you say it is a fair amount more, do you mean they announced pricing? I was figuring it would be at or around the price difference between a 2dr and 4 dr above a 4dr for the Jt. Which wouldn’t be competitive with the Colorado or others.

Otherwise if I was going to give up the buggy I would probably want this jt as an overlanding rig.

• no, i mean its towing capacity is a fair amount more the previous models.

Yes it will probaby be pricey but thats another arguement.

• A question for a while has been the bed height. A tape measure at an auto show measured 17.5" to the top of the rail from the top of a bed rib (18" from the lowest section). https://www.jeepgladiatorforum…l.9801/page-2#post-174428

Jerry / Whatevah

• Here's a photo showing the tape measure, but also shows a little of the "trail rail" tie down system. This will likely be available aftermarket, but if you order from the factory it'll include the power outlet.

Jerry / Whatevah

• I'll definitely be checking this out at the Philly autoshow but am leaning away from getting one as a replacement for my aging truck and commuter. While I like the idea of getting back into a DD Jeep the hit on towing for both Rubi and the diesel will likely be right at $7k and the pricing for that config is likely going to put it into 3/4ton diesel territory. I'm starting to lean more towards a CCSB Ram 2500 when the new ones are released.

--Ian

• Jeep. ‘Light utility vehicle’. I’m just flabbergasted (that means lying on the floor leaking bodily fluids) that the ‘jeep’ is being perverted with 4-doors, and “towing capacity”. Sorry.

• didnt ruin anything. Its not worth argueing about. It will suit my needs so i may buy one.

Btw, your jk is anything but light. Probably weighs twice the original jeep.:)

• I'll definitely be checking this out at the Philly autoshow but am leaning away from getting one as a replacement for my aging truck and commuter. While I like the idea of getting back into a DD Jeep the hit on towing for both Rubi and the diesel will likely be right at $7k and the pricing for that config is likely going to put it into 3/4ton diesel territory. I'm starting to lean more towards a CCSB Ram 2500 when the new ones are released.

--Ian

just thinks a loaded Rubicon is what now around $60k, no discounts because its a jeep, a Ram cummins mega cab that will MSRP for $72k you can get for $62k because of truck rebates and dealer intensives. Who in their right mind would pay more for a Gasoline wrangler truck that has half the space and capability.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!