Jeep JT pickup info

• just thinks a loaded Rubicon is what now around $60k, no discounts because its a jeep, a Ram cummins mega cab that will MSRP for $72k you can get for $62k because of truck rebates and dealer intensives. Who in their right mind would pay more for a Gasoline wrangler truck that has half the space and capability.

Depends on what you want. The smaller/midsize suits some things better. Like overlanding. And city driving. You could probably drive across the country and do 90% of the trails, National Forests, etc in a stock jeep especially with lockers. Can’t say that for a full size.

• just thinks a loaded Rubicon is what now around $60k, no discounts because its a jeep, a Ram cummins mega cab that will MSRP for $72k you can get for $62k because of truck rebates and dealer intensives. Who in their right mind would pay more for a Gasoline wrangler truck that has half the space and capability.

That's a really good point, one that a lot of folks are contemplating in the JT forum. I looked at the Ram Rebel, the Power Wagon and even (gasp!) the Raptor but decided that their size and fuel costs (Raptor) will keep me in a Jeep. The TRDs are just too expensive and limited stock and the Colorado ZR2 is too limited on mods. The Gladiator is still the best option for the mid-size offroading/overlanding niche.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• people will pick up anything they can get financing for. just because someone will loan you money, doesn't mean you should get it. the auto market seems like it is headed where the housing market was 10 years ago

• Should've gone with Ox -- made in USA and they have an emergency Trail Lock that lets you lock it when you lose the air line. But I don't think Dynatrac offers Ox lockers.

I'm not sure the manual lock makes up for the ease of grenading them. Went through 2 D44 and a D30 unit in my TJ...all similar failures shattering the spiders. Put ARB's and my Detroit/Elocker combo through more and not had the same issue.

• I'm not sure the manual lock makes up for the ease of grenading them. Went through 2 D44 and a D30 unit in my TJ...all similar failures shattering the spiders. Put ARB's and my Detroit/Elocker combo through more and not had the same issue.

To be completely transparent, you haven't wheeled it since then either...;)

• nope they didnt fix it. They did a lot of winching, actually they did the race with 3 people in the truck which helped. I also hear they may of extended the cut off time do it would finish but thats unconfirmed.

Bobby gordon drove the desert lap and eric miller did the rock lap.

• Should've gone with Ox -- made in USA and they have an emergency Trail Lock that lets you lock it when you lose the air line. But I don't think Dynatrac offers Ox lockers.

That is news to me, they used to be Australian.

Yes the axles are ARB locker, you can see the new black HD 6mm lines. My new front Super 60 came with that pre installed.

• Thanks, @Buster Stewart!

Here are a bunch of after-action pics of the KOH Jeep. It got really beat up! https://www.jeepgladiatorforum…nd-4lowphotography.10234/

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• its a 1/4 ton truck that can tow up to 7k with the v6 gasser and 6spd. How much more can u ask of it. Its a fair amount mord then a mj, jk or jl and u get all the coolness of a soft top jeep.

No its not. Its a truck that can tow up to 3k with the V6 and 6spd.
    for the 7k package you HAVE to get the V6/Auto (no word yet on the
    diesel limits) but not with the Rubicon or Overland package. So
    basically, if you want to tow more than my Mj can with it, youre
    going to be forced to buy the most basic version at Rubicon prices.

How much more can I ask? Easy, if Jeep wants me to trade in my
    Ram, itll need to be a 6spd Diesel that can tow AT LEAST 8000#
    <and> not cost $100,000ish...

This thing may be more practical than the JKU its based off of, but
    not by very much. I can buy a good used Power Wagon now with
    10k# / 4x / V8 / Auto (with Winch and other goodies) for less than
    $25k - thats the benchmark Jeep needs to aim for in my book...

• EDIT: Corrected my misinformation re 7k, I'd based it on the 'maximum' capacities listed on Jeep's site.

I beg to differ....3500 is for a JLU, not a gladiator, as Jerry shows below a manual has a minimum of 4k and autos start at 6k. Both of these are at least as good as a MJ, manuals maxed at 4k and 5k if you had a 4.0/auto/lwb. Note if you look through the specs on the max tow package it's essentially a Rubi without lockers as it comes with the widetrack axles, gearing, etc. My understanding for de-rating the Rubi to 7k vs 7650 is due to the additional weight of other components (IIRC the Rubi packages adds ~400lbs). I'd have to agree with Aaron, it's a gussied up 1/4 ton truck and its specs are inline with that. Based on your specs I think you're into (at least) a 1/2 ton and, honestly, you're going to be hard pressed to find ANY manual diesels...hell, even Ram has done away with them in the new HD line.

--Ian

• A few pages back, I posted a spec sheet that includes the payload and tow ratings for the various configurations- https://www.delawareja.com/for…iator-specifications-pdf/ Took a screenshot and will attach the specs below.

The manual trans JT is rated for either 4000 or 4500lbs (Sport/Overland vs Rubicon). With the auto you get 6000 or higher in all trim levels, that's more than most people will ever need behind a mid-sized truck.

You can't compare a heavy full-size truck that's 6 years old with a new mid-sized pickup, that's not even apples to oranges. It seems like you're really not in the customer pool Jeep is building this for.

Jerry / Whatevah

• i wonder if its the clutch or strength of the 6spd that limits the tow capacity on the manual?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!