Death Wobble with new Jeeps?

• https://www.freep.com/story/mo…-wobble-nhtsa/2028633002/

Interesting quote, “Steering system vibration is not a widespread condition, nor is it a safety issue,” according to an email from Mike Palese, a company spokesman.

He's obviously never experienced it.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I haven't had full blown wobble with my JK, but it had a mild wobble start when it was about a year old (and still stock!). Smacked the steering stabilizer later and it wobbled more often... replaced that with a stronger one when I put on the lift kit and it's behaved itself since then. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Smacked the steering stabilizer later and it wobbled more often... replaced that with a stronger one when I put on the lift kit and it's behaved itself since then. :)

Oh no. This looks like a trigger for the eternal "Steering stabilizers don't fix Death Wobble, only masks the underlying causes" discussion. Or something like that.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Oh no. This looks like a trigger for the eternal "Steering stabilizers don't fix Death Wobble, only masks the underlying causes" discussion. Or something like that.

Oh, I know. :badidea:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!