Death Wobble with new Jeeps?

** 2019 Membership page is open! Existing members- discount for early renewal! **

• Death Wobble with new Jeeps?

freep.com/story/money/cars/chr…-wobble-nhtsa/2028633002/

Interesting quote, “Steering system vibration is not a widespread condition, nor is it a safety issue,” according to an email from Mike Palese, a company spokesman.

He's obviously never experienced it.
      Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      Americans are not a particular people from a particular place or a particular religion. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, anywhere, is an American.
    • I haven't had full blown wobble with my JK, but it had a mild wobble start when it was about a year old (and still stock!). Smacked the steering stabilizer later and it wobbled more often... replaced that with a stronger one when I put on the lift kit and it's behaved itself since then. :)
      Jerry / Whatevah
      2012 Rubicon - 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT lift, 315/70/17 MTZs, JCR Dagger winch bumper and engine skid, XRC Gen 2 rear bumper, Quadratec LED headlights, ACE side steps, ham radio with GPS tracker
      gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee on 35s
    • whatevah wrote:

Smacked the steering stabilizer later and it wobbled more often... replaced that with a stronger one when I put on the lift kit and it's behaved itself since then. :)

Oh no. This looks like a trigger for the eternal "Steering stabilizers don't fix Death Wobble, only masks the underlying causes" discussion. Or something like that.
      ~ JD
      * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.
    • altierior wrote:

whatevah wrote:

Smacked the steering stabilizer later and it wobbled more often... replaced that with a stronger one when I put on the lift kit and it's behaved itself since then. :)
      Oh no. This looks like a trigger for the eternal "Steering stabilizers don't fix Death Wobble, only masks the underlying causes" discussion. Or something like that.
      Oh, I know. :badidea:
      Jerry / Whatevah
      2012 Rubicon - 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT lift, 315/70/17 MTZs, JCR Dagger winch bumper and engine skid, XRC Gen 2 rear bumper, Quadratec LED headlights, ACE side steps, ham radio with GPS tracker
      gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee on 35s