Famous Reading Outdoors

• First off, I might have to dispute the name. How 'Famous' is it, really?

Anyways, does anyone here know anything about this 'Famous' place? Has anyone here ever been there? I am wondering what the trails are like. All of the pictures I can find show mostly trails that might be considered greens or easy blues in comparison to Rausch Creek.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I posed the question on facebook, and they replied:

"The Famous Reading Outdoors has a different trail rating system. Its basically a step up from Rausch and AOAA. The blues are Rausch blacks and the blacks are Rausch reds. Locked and on 35s will get you into the reds but be prepared for roll overs and severe body damage. Blacks will be doable on 35s with lockers. "

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• This "blue" looks pretty green to me

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I posed the question on facebook, and they replied:

"The Famous Reading Outdoors has a different trail rating system. Its basically a step up from Rausch and AOAA. The blues are Rausch blacks and the blacks are Rausch reds. Locked and on 35s will get you into the reds but be prepared for roll overs and severe body damage. Blacks will be doable on 35s with lockers. "

challenge accepted but probably not till next year

• actually at $175 for an anual permit i probably wont do it. There is also this from the web site. I have an off road vehicle for off road use, its not registered, never could figure out this requirement. Also 100k of insurence when the state minimum for driving is 10k.

Im unclear on who this "permit" fee goes too and who is policing the property.

Please be prepared to provide a copy of the front of the front of your driver’s license or valid photo ID, a copy of your registration, and insurance with minimum policy limits of $100,000. Must be 18 years or older to purchase permits online. Under 18 years old will need parental consent and can purchase permits at these store locations or mail-in permit.
    For each Permitted Use, please have all required documentation on you at all times while on FRO Property. Further, upon request by FRO, you agree to promptly provide proof of the required documentation for each permitted use. The required documentation must be valid and current throughout the term of the Access Permit. The following uses are considered “Permitted Uses” and sets forth the required documentation:

• Full Sized Vehicles (License or Valid Photo ID, Registration & Insurance)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!