Quadratec/Wheel Builder

• Just thought I would pass this along. I had yet another great experience with Quadratec and the purchase that I made today consisting of new tires and wheels for my jeep. For those of you that do not know, they have a new build a wheel feature that allows you to pick your tire and wheel of choice have them mounted and balanced and then shipped for free to your front door . I bought 4 of their black Rubicon Extreme wheels and got the fifth free. I also bought 5 35" Dick Cepek Trail Country Extreme EXP tires at a kick ass price that no one else could get close to. If you are in the market for wheels, tires or both you should check them out.
    On a side note for you JL owners, there was a young guy behind the counter that is on his second JL Rubicon (his first was totaled) that knew everything about this model as far as what accessories are readily available and what's in the pipeline and coming soon, looks like there will be lots of goodies to add to your rigs in the very near future.

:jeep1:

• Follow up - maybe this is not all that it is cracked up to be, at the time of order the Qtec website showed the tires and wheels in stock but the fellow behind the counter said they were out of stock but should be in soon. Here we are 10 days later and I received an email saying the tires and wheels wont be in until late January at best. Well that sucks as I sold the tires that were on it and she is sitting on jack stands in the garage. Guessing ill be running my spare set beat to death krawlers that are not very highway friendly.
    The plus is I have not been charged yet but the minus is I was buying new rubber to run back and forth to South Carolina a few times in February.....

• How much are they charging for shipping? I bought tires and and had them shipped and I remember paying a "Handling Fee" + a "Shipping and Handling" fee.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Free shipping with no other charges from 4wd.com. They charged me $12 per for mounting and balancing. I also went for 4wd's "protection plan" for 10% of the price of wheels and tires. It covers replacement of tires to 50% of tread, pro rated below 50%, and 3 years on the wheels. Trail damage is covered if a sidewall is slashed or a rim chunked.

• Free shipping with no other charges from 4wd.com. They charged me $12 per for mounting and balancing. I also went for 4wd's "protection plan" for 10% of the price of wheels and tires. It covers replacement of tires to 50% of tread, pro rated below 50%, and 3 years on the wheels. Trail damage is covered if a sidewall is slashed or a rim chunked.

I ordered a set of 5 tires and wheels from 4wd.com last week, paid 50 for mounting and balancing, free shipping and they paid my PA sales tax. I got a shipping confirmation and they will be here early next week.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!