Early Christmas gift to myself.

• Just unpacked my early Christmas gift to myself. Got a quadrapac of poison spyder defenders and crusher corner guards with 3” flares. And it came with a set of Quadratec led headlights.
    I want to start putting them on right now but I need to figure out what I’m going to coat them with and what color. Can’t wait to get them installed tho. Gonna look sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Nice. I would recommend starting with a good self etching primer, and a deacent single stage top coat. Go to Kayfield automotive paint store off harmony road . Fit them before paint.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I was thinking about spraying them with bedliner material so I could touch them up easily when they get scratched. Before I do anything I want to check with that place in Middletown that does powder coating. I also bought the inner fender kit so I don’t have to cut the stock ones and I ordered a THOR cold air intake so I don’t have to worry about trying to fit stock air cleaner box.

• You can do bedliner after it's properly primed and top coated. Bed liners hold some moisture and would rust from underneath. Personally, I think powder coats basically suck, they get brittle and chip. If the metal under isn't perfect, it won't last. Industry loves it because it's super cheap, fast and looks great, but unless they put 10x time I to prep, it won't last.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Thanks for the info. I will do like you said and get a good primer on them soon so they don’t rust up. Then top coat them later. It will probably be a little while till I get them on. I don’t have a garage and I don’t like busting knuckles in the cold unless I have to.

• If you are going to wheel your rig i wouldn't spend a ton of time and money on paint and prep. I have the Poison Spyder ricochet rockers, wiped them down with acetone, sprayed them with Rustoleum primer and 4-5 coats of Rustoleum Flat Black. They are holding up just fine for the lat three years even after beating the hell out of them in MOAB. Gouged them up pretty bad on the bottom sides it was an easy touch up.

• No not yet. I still have some other stuff I want to get done before I install everything. And it’s a little cold outside for me. Trying to decide now if I’m gonna buy a rivnut tool or just make one with a bolt like I’ve seen on YouTube. I have quite a few to install so I am leaning towards a tool. I don’t mind paying for the right tool to make a job go smoother

• I would deff not line the inside of the rears or any surface that will touch OE paint, you want them to sit flush and seal all the holes up

• I would deff not line the inside of the rears or any surface that will touch OE paint, you want them to sit flush and seal all the holes up

I am probably just going to prime them real good and after I fit everything paint them all with a Matte finish spray paint I used on my van bumpers a while ago. Should I just prime the back side or would I be better off top coating the backs also.

• I looked through the instructions real quick before leaving this morning and there is only 4 riv nuts included and they say they’re optional. It says I can drill a 1” hole on the tub side to tighten the lock nuts and just put a rubber plug in the hole. I was thinking they were all rivnuts

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!