Anthracite Outdoors Adventure Area!

• This was my second time at Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area - aka AOAA. I love it! It's similar to Rausch Creek (Which is also a great spot!), but it's larger. AOAA allows dirtbikes, UTV's, and ATV's, as well as Jeeps and full size vehicles. On this trip, we took some greens to some blue trails and also onto a blue/black called Upper Anthracite. This trail is basically water runoff from the mountain, so it's extremely slippery with some large rocks.

Vehicles & Damage:

-(Me) 1998 Jeep TJ (No lift, 32's, open front/rear, 3.07's) - Valve stem ripped apart, skid plates took some rock hits
    -2003 Jeep TJ (4" lift, 35's) - No damage
    -1990's Toyota 4-Runner - Skid plates damaged
    -2018 Toyota 4-Runner TRD - Skid plates damaged & bumper vs. tree scuffs

Videos here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks to AOAA for hosting!

-Rick

• DeJA has been doing a lot more rides at AOAA lately--we like it! www.aoaatrails.com You did well to get through Upper Anthracite with lightly modified vehicles!

@Quadratec you should look into Colby Valves. They save the day when it comes to trail/emergency valve stem replacements. @meeper you might want to get them in the catalog

It's a great area for that! I need more skids for Upper Anthracite next time haha. I rocked the t-case crossmember real good, dented the oil pan (didn't go through), and dented the fuel skid.

Already done!

Like them so much that I e-mailed my Product Manager saying we should carry them.

-Rick

• I didn't realize they came out with a shorty version, that's interesting. Requires a socket to install which is nbd as long as you remember to bring it. I have the regular twist on one which I think is all they had a couple years ago, had to use it ones on Slowpoke's rig. Worked perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• I always try to have trail tools with me - as you said, when I remember! I do like the emergency ones as well. I've e-mailed my Product Team to see if we can carry them. It's such a great idea for those of us who wheel!

Here are some videos for your enjoyment - filmed by my buddy:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

-Rick

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!