Electric Jeeps coming to a trail near you

• "Vehicles like the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, Chinese-market Jeep Grand Commander PHEV and the upcoming 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited PHEV are great examples of the new electrification programs put forth by FCA."

How will they get charging stations in the middle of Moab or the Rubicon?

https://moparinsiders.com/fca-…trified-dodge-challenger/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• PHEV...plugin hybrid not unlike the Volt I use as a commuter. I personally welcome it, the instant torque and smoothness of an EV is addicting. While I like a nice rumbling V8 or the Cummins in my CJ10 I find the idea of an EV truck or Jeep intriguing. The improvements in battery technology and BMS in the past few years has made the idea much more feasible.

--Ian

• It will be interesting to see how this technology develops. It seems like the idea of electronic vehicles is finally getting accepted by the major manufacturers. Therefore the technology should grow rapidly. We will see more and more charging stations popping up.

There's a house in Old New Castle that has his charging stations wired into an old horse tie-up pole on the street in front of his house. Pretty cool set up

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I also will miss the sounds of a healthy motor. Hell I miss the gutteral sounds of a 4 Barrell kicking in.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!