Rear brake issue 2013 jku

• So I've been recently having issues with my 2013 Rubicon jku, at first it seemed like my e brake was stuck on, but after examining it, it looked like both rear brake calipers were slightly stuck on (almost like the hill assist got stuck on) but I turned that feature off. After sitting for a few hours everything goes back to normal. Anyone run into an issue with this, already verified calipers are ok

• calipers are probly shot, ive seen it many times, stuck unstuck, stuck unstuck, probly need new calipers as the pistons are seizing because of heat.

how did you verify they were ok?

• Yup, had that ‘problem’. Thought the hill assist was acting up. Turned out front calipers sticking. New calipers/pads and rear pads replaced, all is good! Mine is 2012 manual 6 speed.

• Yup, had to replace a front caliper back in December, too. Still have an intermittent squeal, should probably check the other side I guess.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!