rig weight

• I think my JK needs to go on a diet... did a landfill run today and my Jeep and empty harbor freight trailer weighed in at 5600lbs. The trailer should be around 300lbs empty, so that puts the Jeep around 5300lbs. Don't tell my insurance, but the door sticker says GVWR is only 5100! That was with a nearly-empty gas tank, but otherwise my normal daily load. I always have my fridge (lightly stocked with water and gatorade), recovery gear, med kit, traffic cones and a gerry can with oil dry. Plus front and rear steel bumpers, rocker guards, engine skid, winch, air compressor and tank. And 5 35" tires on alloy wheels.

The door also says that the combined load of passengers and cargo should not exceed 700lbs. :doh:

Has anybody else compared their rig's actual weight with the sticker GVWR?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• My truck's stock so it's under the GVWR coming out of the dump. There's a Martin Limestone location down the road that leaves their scale turned on. We've used it to weigh horses. I'll have to run the Jeep across it, I don't think I've ever weighed it.

• I just put the TJ in storage (I'm moving out now, and wont have a house for 4 months) but a google search says gvwr for it is 4361. I am pretty sure I am just under that now, I know iths either 4100 or 4300 but cant remember what it was the last time I rolled across the scales. Weight is with 35s, arb front bull bar with winch, 1/4" rocker guards, clayton engine and transfer case skid, genrite gas tank skid, AtoZ rear swing out bumper and a few other things...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!