Bigger tires=brake issues?

• i see bent caliper bolts on ford 8.8 disk brake axles all the time. Older rear alxle disk brake set ups for d44s r similar. The newer jk stuff holds up a better but is still small for 37" tires.

In the 40" crowd we can stretch early ford one ton caliper brakets to the point where it will spit out the reataining spring and shim.

• Driving style would also play a factor. Breaking heavy will increase the stress on the breaking system.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Driving style would also play a factor. Breaking heavy will increase the stress on the breaking system.

what a minute, what are you trying to say here? Were you behind me on rt 1 sometime or something :doh: Just kidding. I do tend to have a heavy foot.

Nope.Whats on that thing?

nothing obnoxious, I think they’re like 33s? If I could do such things I would upload a recent pic... oh wait a second I may have just done it.

Well anyway just wanted to see if anybody else was having problems, thanks for the feedback!

• what problems are you having? You might just have a stuck caliper. I run upgraded pads and rotors on my Jeep to help counteract the weight. Slotted rotors make brake fade disappear. If you feel a vibration in your brake pedal, you likely have a warped rotor... that happens to stock vehicles, too. If you have to brake really hard, try to sit stopped at a red light, let the vehicle move a little up/back so the hot pad isn't sitting on spot on the rotor.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!