Hiking trail for a dog

• Looking for some good spots around NCCo or surround area for some hiking trails i can go with my dog. Preferably some good off leash trails

"When your life is about to pass before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching." - Unknown

• Carosel Park has a massive open dog park area with a pond , there is an adjacent wooded trail that everyone walks off leash too. Outside these areas you need to be on leash. Any state or county Park will require leashes. Fines can be upwards of $250.
    Tons of trails at While Clay. Lots of mountain bikers so be careful. I see lots of loose dogs on the trails, but you are taking a risk.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Middletown, DE has a park on Levels Road. As part of the park, there is a 3 acre area for small dogs, and a 5 acre area for large dogs. Drinking fountains for dogs, and a couple benches for people. Probably the best dog park I've ever seen.

I used to have Super Powers,
    but my Psychiatrist took them away!

• For hikes, the state has some wooded areas towards Smyrna off of 13 called Black Bird forest. The dogs aren't really supposed to be off leash there either, but it's not unusual to see it there, but there is horseback riding there usually on weekends and horse people get upset real quick when dogs are off leash. Also, in the summer, ticks are real bad there.

Lums pond has a trail to an off leash area for dogs. There are other trails connected to that area you can get away with hiking, but the other trails are used by horse riders (also on weekends), and they are touchy there too. If you see a horse trailer there, stick to the dog only trail, or keep them on a leash. Lums pond is a state park, and there is a fee, but I recommend going to the park office and get a yearly pass. It's cheaper in the long run. You can pay by the day, but I've seen tickets passed out to those who didn't.

I used to have Super Powers,
    but my Psychiatrist took them away!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!