front end bushings death wobble and just an all around loose feel

• 2004 jeep tj... i need to replace all of the bushings on the front end. i have crazy death wobble. i changed the track bar bushing and after it continued to death wobble, i investigated more. the oem rubber is cracked and beat up and in need of replacing. i would do it myself but its that time of year when work has me chained to a desk for 60 hrs a week. anyone know an affordable spot to drop it off?

• Where are you from? Aastape does a lot of work on Jeeps. He's in North DE.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• yeah sorry guess i should have said that i'm in Wilmington i haven't been on the forum for awhile Aastape did the gears in my xj guess ill give him a PM.

• Is it lifted? Check out the control arm bushings. If you have factory arms you can just buy replacements with new bushings already installed. When you replaced the Trac bar did you inspect the mounting holes. Its common for the axle end to egg the hole out and need a washer welded on to repair the hole. I have also seen the frame end get egged out and cause issues.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!