Ball Joints

• I need to replaced my front ball joints pretty bad...111,000 miles and theyre shot. I have the upgraded ball joints already.

Went to IG burton in Smyrna and they quoted me $1,000 to install them! :doh:

Can anyone recommend another shop that may offer a better price? and / or has anyone installed them at home? Ive watched a couple of videos and it seems rather complicated.

2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)*SOLD*
    2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    DE tag : OIF 118
    Honk if you see me!

• I replaced 4 ball joints on my old 03 ram 1500 2 summers ago. First time doing it. Not that hard, borrowed front end kit from autozone and advance auto. That had torsion bar independent front suspension. Would have been so much easier on a solid front axle. I did a steering rack and tie rod ends and it took a weekend in a driveway. Not hard, just took some time.

• I just replaced my front drive shaft and did a brake overhaul. If its as simple as those id be willing to give it a shot. The wobble and bump steer makes me nervous

2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)*SOLD*
    2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    DE tag : OIF 118
    Honk if you see me!

• it requires some special tools and some muscle but can be done in the driveway. A good impact gun will help too. U can rent the tools from a parts store or get them from harbor freight.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!