You Tuber "American Jeeper" using too much skinny pedal

• Person airlifted to hospital after Jeep accident on Golden Spike Trail

By
    Gephardt Daily Staff -
    April 15, 2019

MOAB, Utah, April 15, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — One person was airlifted to an area hospital after a Jeep accident on the Golden Spike Trail near Moab Sunday.

A Facebook post from Grand County Search and Rescue said the patient was flown by Classic Air Medical while emergency medical services and search and rescue were still en route to the scene.
    “We were en route to this incident on the difficult Golden Spike jeep trail to assist as needed,” the Facebook post said. “We rely on the workhorse of our fleet, our rangers, to get us and EMS to the scene. “Shout out to our fleet manager and his team for building these amazing vehicles. Thanks to Classic Air Medical, such a great resource for our community for successfully completing this rescue.”
    The photograph below shows the vehicle officials used to get to the Jeep.
    Grand County Emergency Medical Services said: “Thank you to the team at Classic Air Medical who are able to access and start patient care quickly in the Moab back country. If you have not already please watch our video on safety for Jeep Safari.”
    That video is above. The Easter Jeep Safari began Saturday and runs through Easter Sunday, April 21. For more information on the safari click here.
    Golden Spike Trail is a 16.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moab, that is rated as difficult to navigate.
    One person was airlifted to an area hospital after a Jeep accident on the Golden Spike Trail near Moab Sunday.

Supposedly the guy was driving like a dick while out on the trails. Reports say he hit a spectator and severed her leg.

• anotheraznguy said:Found this on FB, be careful out there.

[/quote]beachbumm78 said:... they said he was high centered and gassed it to get free. He broke free and hit a bystander and wound up with what you see. They heard he was hurt as well.
    [/quote]srt20 said:Supposedly the woman he hit was medflighted out. Busted up her leg pretty bad. I didnt read anything about him being hurt.
    [/quote]News Story from Gephardt Daily:

MOAB, Utah, April 15, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — One person was airlifted to an area hospital after a Jeep accident on the Golden Spike Trail near Moab Sunday.

A Facebook post from Grand County Search and Rescue said the patient was flown by Classic Air Medical while emergency medical services and search and rescue were still en route to the scene.

“We were en route to this incident on the difficult Golden Spike jeep trail to assist as needed,” the Facebook post said. “We rely on the workhorse of our fleet, our rangers, to get us and EMS to the scene. “Shout out to our fleet manager and his team for building these amazing vehicles. Thanks to Classic Air Medical, such a great resource for our community for successfully completing this rescue.”

The photograph below shows the vehicle officials used to get to the Jeep.

Grand County Emergency Medical Services said: “Thank you to the team at Classic Air Medical who are able to access and start patient care quickly in the Moab back country. If you have not already please watch our video on safety for Jeep Safari.”

Golden Spike Trail is a 16.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moab, that is rated as difficult to navigate.

[/QUOTE]
    [/quote]Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms. Stretcher and Z J West like this.

• I saw this on FB. I don't know how close the lady was standing to the front, but I have seen several YouTube videos of rock crawling where there was a crowd directly in front of the Jeep going up a steep incline. I'll never understand why they do that. Hope they're both okay.

• The guy in the video below nailed my thoughts. Though he did it in a rambling, longer than necessary way. Short version, buying a Rubicon, setting up a Youtube channel, bolting a tent and some stickers on it doesn't make you an experienced wheeler. When we go wheeling there is a real danger and chance someone could get hurt. As much as many of us (myself included) like to yell "safety third!" we all have to be careful. The facts are still coming out but it seems like he was wheeling outside of his skill set, got high centered, floored it and got traction then went out of control into a crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikk3heNrAU4&feature=youtu.be

• I agree with Stafford. While I'm not sure about the details surrounding this incident, I know that when I was in Moab in 2017, I was amazed at the lack of commonsense some of the drivers seemed to exhibit. Whether it be uselessly and repeatedly trying obstacles or just trying to make their way down a trail way too fast. Also, you could almost base your judgment on the state they were from. Yeah I know that sounds pretty bad coming from a DE guy who drove all the way to Moab (although I think it shows commitment) but I promise you my main concern was my family's safety and taking care of the rig so I would have ride home. This guy in the incident seems to be from Kansas. lotsa rocks & hills in Kansas....

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OMG that dude threw some cash at this thing!!!

• The guy in the video below nailed my thoughts. Though he did it in a rambling, longer than necessary way. Short version, buying a Rubicon, setting up a Youtube channel, bolting a tent and some stickers on it doesn't make you an experienced wheeler. When we go wheeling there is a real danger and chance someone could get hurt. As much as many of us (myself included) like to yell "safety third!" we all have to be careful. The facts are still coming out but it seems like he was wheeling outside of his skill set, got high centered, floored it and got traction then went out of control into a crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikk3heNrAU4&feature=youtu.be

I wish there was more pictures of the surrounding area and some before accident shots, things arent adding up to me

• Yea, golden spike would be considered a green trail at rausch. This guy must have been driving like an ass to break free with that much speed.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!