CANCELLED **TRAIL RIDE** Date Change! August 10, 2019 at Anthracite Place Change!

• Our official club trail ride for July has been re-scheduled for Saturday, August 10, 2019 at Rausch Creek Off Road Park near Tremont, PA. This ride will be blue-black only, minimum 33s and one locker, unless someone wants to put together another group. Non-members welcome. Sign up here and go to rc4x4.org for more information, costs, waivers, and park rules.

1. Slowpoke

2. @daddanelena

3. @Stafford

4. @altierior

• I hate the crowds at these events. The parking lot is a nightmare (that characterization totally depends on your particular breed of nightmare), and check-in is even worse. However, my experience has always been that once on the trails, it is not much of a problem. Be that as it may, during these busy events we may run into other groups, and even if it happens only once during the day, it can result in an unfortunate waste of time.

The North East property will probably be better as there is always far less activity over there, and there is some good stuff over to wheel. If we do RC, we should do the NE. But suffering the the crowds in the parking lot and office is in itself enough reason to skip RC that day.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I'm tempted to show up to Rausch after the parking lot has cleared out. Instead of the usual 830 arrival/9 departure about about a 930 arrival? I can call and ask Lynn or whoever what time it should clear out. It's mid-summer, the sun doesn't go down until late so we could stay in the trail a little later.

• i was there one year and it takes forever to clear out, lines and lines of jeeps just backed up on the trails. im not doing RC if i go

• Easy there, Wayne! I've wheeled with Stomper a couple of times this year, and I know he was at the big club ride last fall that I missed because of CJ issues. None of us gets to wheel as much as we'd like.

I applaud Keith's long-time commitment to Topless for Tatas. Keith, since we're not going to be there, how do we make a donation?

• I'm going off on a tangent. Wayne BS you and I have wheeled many times together over the past few years. Yes as Jay said this year has been a bit slow for me wheeling. I have made several of the club scheduled rides just to see the same few people over and over. I even moved a club date to a Sunday to see if that helped, it didn't. I also have been out on none club rides as well. In addition I do keep 2 "trail" rigs running which can be both costly and time consuming in addition to my 2 jobs and my own business.
    I understand your frustration and I agree with you some what. This club has had it's ups and downs. Since I have joined there have always seemed to be 2 groups in the club the wheeling group and the surf fishing group. That's just fine with me we need all types to make the club what it is, its not just a wheeling or fishing group but a jeep group.
    I'm not exactly sure what you are expecting from the club. They host events for the members, give to charity, provide us a discount at selected suppliers and many other things we may not be aware of. If you see things that need to be addressed or changed speak up you are a member of this club too.
    Wayne I hope you do stay I have enjoyed wheeling with you and hope to do so in the future.

Thread hijack and rant over.
    Keith

• Trail boss never see ya club a joke think after ride not joining again but will do my last ride at big dogs with jay !!! Assistant trail bosses don’t wheel

Wayne, I've been involved with other clubs over the years. I have dropped out of all of them, but have remained a loyal member of this club. In my experience, DeJA is the ONLY club where I have ALWAYS been able to find good people to wheel with no matter when I want to go.

There are not many of us here who are active in wheeling, but there have always been those of us who hit the trails regularly, even if it is sometimes a 'group' of only two.

What else are you looking for?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Not that I feel the need to defend myself but I haven't wheeled once this year, it's not for lack of wanting to but with getting place at the beach I've been down there every weekend. I love wheeling but it's summer and I'd rather be at the beach. The TJ registration expired in February and I just finally got around to renewing it a week or two ago in preparation for this trip. From the club perspective, we haven't done the best job with attracting and retaining new members which is a deeper discussion than I feel like getting into here. When you combine that with the natural attrition that will happen anywhere and a bunch of people building 40" buggies (not that I'm blaming them), you get the current situation. Getting new people in the club and getting them out to events is what everyone should work towards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!