4Hi not working.

• So I hit the beach for the Tks first voyage since I've owned it. Drove out on Broadkill since it's close to home and didn't have much time to be out on the beach. Get to the access point, stop, put it in 4h, shift to 1st and go nowhere. Put it in neutral, drop it out of 4h back to 2h, then back to 4h. Shift back into 1st and still nothing. Decide to try 4L and it works fine in 4L. Drove out and fished, left in 4L. Get back to pavement. Put it in 2H and head home. Washed it and put it in the garage. Adjusted the linkage and tried again. Now 4H will work but only when put in 4L then shifted back down to 4H. what am I missing? Does the linkage just need to be adjusted more? I was under the jeep while my girlfriend shifted between 2H, 4H, N, and 4L so I could see everything moving and seemed to be working as it should.

• First of all, always Low range on the sand.

i would say yes adjusted more, do you have a T case lowering kit? SYE? body lift? Vehicle is a ?

• u can remove the small metal part that bolts to the t-case then use a small adjustable wrench to move the selector into each position. If u still can not get 4wd hi then its internal to the case. They r pretty easy to rebuild. I would bet that the shift fork pads may be worn due to the case being run dry at some point if its internal.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!