Mirrors with no doors

• Hey everyone, I searched a couple phrases before posting this but didn’t find too much. I was just wondering what everyone does for mirrors with no doors. I have an 88 yj with full doors. Looking online a lot of the windshield mounted mirrors I like say for 87-95 with half door 94-95 for full doors. Not sure why they only work with full doors for only those years. A lot of the mirrors that go in your door hinge have bad reviews for moving while driving.
    Just curious what everyone’s experience is. In my teens and 20s I coulda cared less about mirrors... I guess I’m changing lol

• I have a set of mounts that move the mirrors to the windshield hinges. I just have the drivers side moved, since you can see that one either doors off or doors on - you can't see the passenger mirror if you have the doors on and the mirror moved. So doors off, I just have two mirrors and lose the passenger one.

• Maybe visibility is the reason they say they aren’t for certain years with certain doors. I just can’t imagine why a windshield mount mirror would be fine for a 94 with full doors, but not a 93?! Anyway I think I’ve decided to stay away from the windshield mount style for now and try the kind that fit in the hinge. I saw a woman today with them. I asked her and she said hers stay still

• You could drill and tap your hinges for CJ mirrors. Or get CJ hinges and mirrors.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!