3. daddanelena
    4. altierior - blue/black
    5. Buster Stewart
    6. Down Hill Roller
    7. willf650
    8. TheDarkSide
    9. GinoL19

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Trail Report: Great ride indeed at Anthracite. We started with nine (!) Jeeps: @Stomper, @daddanelena; @Buster Stewart; @Down Hill Roller; @altierior; @willf650; @TheDarkSide; @GinoL19, and @Slowpoke. Beautiful day with temps in the low 80s and no rain, very dry trails with very light traffic. Things got off to a bad start for one Jeeper--as soon as Wayne backed his TJ off the trailer, John noticed something wrong with the front end. Wayne had a big crack in his driver-side steering knuckle. So back on the trailer and Wayne rode shotgun all day with Keith.

We hit the trails with eight Jeeps at 9:45, drove way out the access road and found our way to 39C, which has some challenging rocks and finishes with a long, steep climb, then took 41 to the bottom of Barney Rubble, went up Barney Rubble without a hitch, then continued up M (black). Gino took "No More Blue J" on its new 40" stickies up M Extension and back down just for fun, then we hopped over to Whiskey Ridge, did 55 and the Pit, then Upper Anthracite and Bee Line (long black trail). Gino got to play on some big rocks near the end of Bee Line, with John along for the ride and Andy spotting.

We still had some time left, so we crossed the access road and did Excalibur (35) (which I thought had some good rocks but doesn't). Then Andy took over and led us on BA (34), including the trail that starts on the concrete culvert--it was actually dry! Andy then led us on 9 around the northern edge of the property, took a little detour on a trail marked "Bear Cave" that has a small bear-sized cave right next to the trail, then wound around back to the trail head by a little after 5:00.

John has statistics from GeoTracker: we covered over ten miles of trails and were out for almost eight hours--with eight Jeeps! Some minor malfunctions, but no serious trail damage. Gino's big TJ was flawless and Will's YJ made it all look easy. Sorry no funny stories this trip--things just went too smoothly!

Our next official trail ride is scheduled for Saturday, October 12, also at Anthracite, subject to change. We may switch to Rausch Creek, since we had to switch the other way this month because of a huge event at Rausch that would have made for a mob scene. Hope to see you all on the trails next month!

• I had a ball guys. I’ll try to make more trail rides in the future. I’ll try to be more motivated in the future to keep my Jeep on the road to make it happen.

I was watching a video on YouTube about AOAA and they mentioned an app called Maprika that has all the trails mapped out.

They also mentioned they are building what will wind up being the biggest man made obstacle course in the country as part of a mining reclamation project. It’s slated to take 2 years to complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!