Delaware Inspection (window tint)

• Hey Jeep People,

I just moved to Delaware last month and got dinged for window tint going through the inspection garage. I only have 30% on my front windows but apparently no tint at all is allowed on front windows in DE. My options are to get a waiver signed or remove the tint.

I did read an old post on here that said you could go through inspection with front doors off. My question is, am I already in their system for having tint? I didn’t want to waste time going through inspection again if so. Not sure if anyone here has done this before - going through inspection with no doors after getting dinged for tint.

Thanks for your help!
    Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I took my TJ through inspection once years ago with no doors and was told I wouldn't pass without them. Since I lived close to the DMV site it was easier to go home and put the doors back on rather than fight with them.

Reading through the Delaware motor vehicle code doesn't indicate anywhere that doors are required that I've been able to find.

• You can pass with no doors, BUT they do keep record of why you failed, so going back the second time without doors probably ain’t gonna fly.

You can always just borrow some jk doors for the purposes of inspection. I’m in Wilmington and have half doors and uppers you could switch out to run to them dmv with.

• There is a "colorless" tint waiver you can get for DE and should let you pass, they dont look that closely at the form. its also good for the po po

• lately the dmv has been stricter with the tint waivers and u would have to have an optimoligist sign off on it.

• lately the dmv has been stricter with the tint waivers and u would have to have an optimoligist sign off on it.

Yup, the DR has to sign the waiver, that's how i always remember it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!