Back up camera

• I've used several different Chinese ones from eBay. Usually around ten to fifteen dollars.
    I have four on my 2A, one at every corner. I have one on my van above the hitch,connected to my radio and the reverse lights, and another on top of the third brake light connected to a screen where the rearview mirror used to be. I also had one for the hitch on my old Tahoe.
    They have all worked just fine,but the Tahoe one got smashed by the trailer coupler!
    I got a new camera to replace that one, but the screen was old, I think the brand was Peak, and the newer camera didnt work with it.
    If the head unit is older I would study up on compatibility.

• I would go for the pioneer camera then, it will work best with the radio

• It should match the screen resolution or higher.
    Look for one thats good in low light. Otherwise you will get a very grainy night picture.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I would buy anything on amazon, eBay, whatever. They’re not expensive these days.
    Suggest you wire in your own power with switch instead of using reverse lights. Just easier to maintain control, especially if you’re hooking up a trailer.

• I totally agree with Solomi on the dedicated power switch. There is a delay when my head unit is changing to backup camera mode and it's annoying. Also when you are backing under a trailer coupler and there is a hill involved you hit park and the truck rolls slightly forward before it engages you literally can't see how much because you have to go back into reverse in order for the camera to work, but then you put it in park again...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!