Who would be interested in a long weekend trip?

• Since I can't go Wheeling obviously that's all I want to do, so let's talk about it!

Im interested in trying out some new places, maybe some stuff that is further way. I'll list below some places that peak my interest, feel free to add to the list! I feel like a Thursday night through Monday trip, Maybe in the fall? My thoughts would be travel Friday, wheel Saturday and sunday, Monday travel.

Gulches ORV
    https://www.gulchesorvpark.com/
    Waterloo SC about 600 miles from central DE
    This place looks bad ass, they list primitive camping for a small fee and RV spots.

WindRock Park
    https://windrockpark.com/
    Oliver Springs TN about 600 miles from central DE
    Looks neat but I would want to know more about the trails, open to other forms of ORV's. Camping options seem nice.

Black Mountain Off-road
    https://harlancountytrails.com/blackmountain-trails.php
    Harlan KY about 550 miles from central DE
    Looks to check all the boxes, great Wheeling beautiful scenery, and camping/cabin options.

Even if this conversation goes nowhere let's talk like it will, because who knows it may!

• Apparently there is some good wheeling up in CT or NH, I forget which or both. @Stafford friend Smiley might know more about it. I always thought a long weekend at Harlen would be fun.

• It is ironic, isn't it? We have to keep socially distant, and yet we are not allowed to participate in an activity in which we ARE SOCIALLY DISTANT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Isn't that the truth!

I would say the ideal group size for a trip like this would be 5-8 Jeeps on 33's or larger and locked. Not looking to conquer the world on this trip but want to hit some challenging stuff. Relate it to Black trails at RC, with the option of more. Trailering the rigs would probably be Ideal.

• I may be interested. 600 miles may be a bit farther than I would want to go. are there any good places in northern pa or in ny state?

also, it would be cool if there was a place big enough where we could map out a multi-day trail route and camp each night along the way. that would make it seem more like an adventure rather than do small loops from a central parking lot.

• I may be interested. 600 miles may be a bit farther than I would want to go. are there any good places in northern pa or in ny state?

also, it would be cool if there was a place big enough where we could map out a multi-day trail route and camp each night along the way. that would make it seem more like an adventure rather than do small loops from a central parking lot.

After trying to do the same kind of thing from CO to Moab to Cali, I can say that simplicity is much better than tight schedules with multiple destinations

• After trying to do the same kind of thing from CO to Moab to Cali, I can say that simplicity is much better than tight schedules with multiple destinations

that may be so, but even though I don't go a lot, it starts to feel like an animal in a cage at a zoo...there is only so much you can do in a small area and it starts to feel silly doing 13 tiny loops that crisscross each other in one day.

it wouldn't have to be a tight schedule, it could be 4 hours of wheeling a day with lots of time at camp. or plan a 3 or 4 day trip and allow for 4-5 days. camp when it works, not where you put an x on a map. I agree, you don't want to feel rushed through the trip, but it would be nice to feel like you are actually going somewhere and truly exploring rather than never getting more than 5 miles from the parking lot and vending machines.

--note, this is coming from someone who likes to do multi-day back-country backpacking trips. I enjoy feeling like I am getting away from things

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!